Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,289 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Toadie Rebecchi's dead wife Dee is making a return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭unichick

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Interesting! She has 6 kids of her own in real life!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Ever notice how much Sonia's head wobbles when she's talking? Awful irritating character.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Does Toadie have two former wives?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Took a break from Neighbours at the beginning of August and just catching up on what I missed over the last few days. I certainly needed the break, but have enjoyed it much more binge-watching a couple of weeks at once and now looking forward to watching it daily again. Characters like Paul, Karl, Susan, Therese, Gary, Xanthe and Sheila are definitely the heroes of the show at the moment with the likes of Piper, Toadie, Amy and Brad being really enjoyable and likeable characters depending on who they're paired with on any given week and are unfortunately usually dragged down when they're caught up in storylines with Paige, Lauren, Ned, Jack, Mark or Steph (and to a lesser extent Sonya who tends to be guilty by association at times) - not that I necessarily dislike any of those characters and actually most of them can be really good, but I do think the tone of storylines they seem to be given are a bit more doom and gloom than the characters I've already mentioned. Tyler and Ben can have potential at times and again that can usually depend on who they've got scenes with but at other times I think they can be a bit wooden - they are likeable enough though. However, I definitely find Elly, Madison, Jimmy and Aaron to be the most useless 4 characters in Erinsborough.

• Advertisement

Jacka discovers that his wife Regan has been having an affair with Ned Willis, sending him into a fury and making him determined to get his revenge. Jacka isn't messing about, either - his determination to get even with Ned could prove deadly and will have far-reaching consequences on Ramsay Street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

I've never hated a character as much as Madison. That says a lot considering I can choose from Ned, Father Dougal, Paige... And her singing career? She sings about as well as she acts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Agree 100%. She's brutal! Hope she stays in the Gold Coast and that will be the last we see of her.

I've never hated a character as much as Madison. That says a lot considering I can choose from Ned, Father Dougal, Paige... And her singing career? She sings about as well as she acts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Do we know anything about the Tanaka's dad yet? How old are they? What are the chances it's Paul?

How ridiculous was Paige jumping out of the balloon :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

How ridiculous was Paige jumping out of the balloon :rolleyes:

Or Karl and the power drill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭screamer

I can't stand Elly. Awful actress didn't like her as Martha in home and away either and I believe she has a 2 to 3 year contract in neighbours..... yawn. I wish her and aengus would run away together can't stand him and the stupid accent and haircut either.

RobertKK wrote: »

That's actually what a lot of medically trained people (which I am not one of for the record) would've done in the situation - he didn't have a medical drill or saw, so he improvised to save her life. It didn't work out obviously, but hypothetically it was a good call on his part.

RobertKK wrote: »

I laughed. That's all I could do. First herself jumps from the basket and then Karl is playing Handy Andy in the middle of a field. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I laughed. That's all I could do. First herself jumps from the basket and then Karl is playing Handy Andy in the middle of a field. :D

Now now let's not forget the wonderfully cringe sex in the abandoned shack in the woods with a priest mere minutes after being plucked from the jaws of death by hyperthermia. It really was a big day for Paige.
    They didn't even try for an ounce of realism.

Oh and the new guy Dr who is always hanging around the hospital while visiting his gran, doesn't work there but takes time out to see patients in the A&E queue and tell people their spouses have been killed. "I don't work here, I'm just visiting my gran...but yes it seems your wife has died".
    In another setting it would be surrealist comedy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How long are steph and the police dude together? can't be that long and they want too have a kid together already :rolleyes:?

How long are steph and the police dude together? can't be that long and they want too have a kid together already :rolleyes:?

Have you seen him?! I'd have his baby :D

Is Steph not a bit past it to be having kids?

Do we know anything about the Tanaka's dad yet? How old are they? What are the chances it's Paul?

As long as it isn't Brad, he has enough

The dads name is Bradley but I think David ruled out Brad, but sure it'll probably be him anyway. What's another 2 to add to the mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DivineMsM

I'm probably a bit slow on the uptake but my friend just pointed out that Therese used to play Sophie in Home and Away.... Now it's all I can see when I look at her.

DivineMsM wrote: »
    I'm probably a bit slow on the uptake but my friend just pointed out that Therese used to play Sophie in Home and Away.... Now it's all I can see when I look at her.

And when she was married to Brad she was really married to Scott Hunter from Home & Away. And the priest used to be Spencer on Home & Away and Susan's niece used to be Martha on Home & Away. Ramsey St. is basically Summer Bay's retirement home.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DivineMsM

Ha ha it's all a bit incestuous alright!

Ghekko wrote: »
    The dads name is Bradley but I think David ruled out Brad, but sure it'll probably be him anyway. What's another 2 to add to the mix.

And the three of them all have the same haircut...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

What was the deal with all the union jacks in today's episode??? It was so distracting

Noticed that too but no idea what it meant.
    Is Paige REALLY over Jack now? Please let the answer be yes as I am so over the pair of them.

I think the union jacks were to celebrate it being in air in the UK for 25 years or some anniversary. It was mentioned somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Neighbours was first broadcast on BBC One in the UK on 27th October 1986. It remained with the BBC for 22 years, before moving to Channel 5 in 2008. Back then, the show was broadcast 18 months behind the Australian broadcasts, but since January 2016, episodes have been shown on the same day in both countries.

Five marked the occasion with a holiday to Australia up for grabs. The episode broadcast on Thursday 27th October featured numerous Union Jacks planted in scenes, with viewers required to count them up and submit their entries, for the chance to win an 8 night trip to Melbourne for two, including a tour of the Neighbours set.

Oh dear, does Sonya really expect to be able to hand over her own child to Steph?

• Advertisement

Neighbours is lining up a double baby bombshell this Christmas as not one, but two Ramsay Street females discover they are pregnant.

As the year draws to a close, both women will find themselves staring at a positive pregnancy test

Advertisement