Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,290 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Seriously another singing storyline. We're only over Madison and now Angus. I actually can't cope

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Wellyd wrote: »
    Seriously another singing storyline. We're only over Madison and now Angus. I actually can't cope

In a long line of singers...Kylie, Jason, Craig, Delta, Natalie, Holly...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

RobertKK wrote: »
    In a long line of singers...Kylie, Jason, Craig, Delta, Natalie, Holly...

They should have banned the singing story lines after Delta Goodrem was on. She was proper talented and everyone since just look and sound like karaoke singers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Neighbours finishes 2 Dec, returns 9 January 2017.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Neighbours finishes 2 Dec, returns 9 January 2017.

That's a very long time . What do they expect to watch while I'm eating my dinner now? :(
    Ghekko wrote: »
    Oh dear, does Sonya really expect to be able to hand over her own child to Steph?

And has Sonya not noticed that Steph has two kids who she's made no effort to move to be close to?
    Or that Steph never actually wanted another baby.

They're getting their money's worth out of Jack anyway. They've really thrown the kitchen sink at it lately, priest in love, sex with a priest, church related child sex abuse, repressed catholic gay youth and now an elusive trans frequenter of Blaze who doesn't feel welcome because of the church connection.
    Throw in an insistent surrogate who's WAY more invested in a couple having a baby than they are themselves and sure we hardly noticed the man who's killed 3 times being sentenced in court.
    Priorities right as ever Neighbours!

That's a very long time . What do they expect to watch while I'm eating my dinner now? :(

And has Sonya not noticed that Steph has two kids who she's made no effort to move to be close to?
    Or that Steph never actually wanted another baby.

They're getting their money's worth out of Jack anyway. They've really thrown the kitchen sink at it lately, priest in love, sex with a priest, church related child sex abuse, repressed catholic gay youth and now an elusive trans frequenter of Blaze who doesn't feel welcome because of the church connection.
    Throw in an insistent surrogate who's WAY more invested in a couple having a baby than they are themselves and sure we hardly noticed the man who's killed 3 times being sentenced in court.
    Priorities right as ever Neighbours!

I don't know so this is not a spoiler, will Paige be pregnant from that sex and want an abortion?

I don't know so this is not a spoiler, will Paige be pregnant from that sex and want an abortion?

Oh could happen! It would seem remiss not to through an abortion in at this point.
    Or will Jack denounce the church for the exceptionally moany Paige for Christmas?
    I imagine it's not quite the comfortable viewing it was for people watching with kids lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Just watched Brad dance at the afters of the wedding and felt the need to write about the absolute embarrassment and cringe I'm feeling for him!! :D

Biscuit in the post for you! Well anticipated :)
    Just watched Brad dance at the afters of the wedding and felt the need to write about the absolute embarrassment and cringe I'm feeling for him!! :D

Ha it was so cringey!

The whole lot of it was mad tonight. Lou's wedding, no witnesses needed , Susan ducking out from her dinner to marry them.Just groan :)

So now Sonia and Paige preggers. Maybe Mark will take the two babies...
    Despite the fact that he wasn't remotely disappointed that Sonia was not pregnant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Why would Ned still want to be with Ellie. She is a moany drama queen. Can't stand the sight of her now. Was so hoping she would leave. You'd think he'd run for the hills after her confession of running over an ex.

The show needs to get rid of Paige, she is just as manipulative as her mother Lauren, chasing after the priest like she did with Brad, so sick of her and also Lauren, both could f*ck off for me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

Dees return is ludicrous in my opinion, I am hoping it is a twin sister or something, they did a similar thing with Harold and his daughter, the same actress came back to play a look alike.
    I hate to see old storylines being messed about with years later, I think if the writers in 2003 wanted her to return they would have recorded a scene of what really happened her when the car went into the sea but they wouldn't have.

Dees return is ludicrous in my opinion, I am hoping it is a twin sister or something, they did a similar thing with Harold and his daughter, the same actress came back to play a look alike.
    I hate to see old storylines being messed about with years later, I think if the writers in 2003 wanted her to return they would have recorded a scene of what really happened her when the car went into the sea but they wouldn't have.

Dee is back
    apparently with Toadie's kid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭tjc28

Dee coming back is completely ludicrous but it's neighbours which is the one soap imo which doesn't take itself too seriously. If it breaks up toadie and sonya it'll be worth it though, she does my head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Are people really so tactless as to hound a person about the father of their baby? I'd be telling the lot of them to F off. As for Amy and her Leo theory - stupid girl.

From Monday Neighbours is at 6PM on RTE2 - a one hour uninterrupted hour off oz drama' said the announcer.

Wrong - you do show ad's RTE2 don't you.

This change could have been made years ago. I always watched Neighbours then put on the Six One News - I'll have to choose now.

Nearly everyone has a Recorder (DVR/PVR) , rte player so yes ok the schedule is not such a problem now yet they are still changing it.

The reason I reckon is to damage the Six O'Clock Show on TV3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

From Monday Neighbours is at 6PM on RTE2 - a one hour uninterrupted hour off oz drama' said the announcer.

Wrong - you do show ad's RTE2 don't you.

This change could have been made years ago. I always watched Neighbours then put on the Six One News - I'll have to choose now.

Nearly everyone has a Recorder (DVR/PVR) , rte player so yes ok the schedule is not such a problem now yet they are still changing it.

The reason I reckon is to damage the Six O'Clock Show on TV3.

Jesus! It is pretty clear what they meant by that

And so what if they changed the schedule to gain viewers and beat competition, isn't that how television works?

"a one hour uninterrupted hour off oz drama" - factually incorrect.

Yes no problem with changing the schedule - Neighbours might get a few more viewers as a result.

I do have a problem with RTE using taxpayers money to buy oz content to keep it away from TV3 and then dumping it on at say 3AM aprox. e.g. Offspring but that's a debate for another thread.

"a one hour uninterrupted hour off oz drama" - factually incorrect.

Yes no problem with changing the schedule - Neighbours might get a few more viewers as a result.

I do have a problem with RTE using taxpayers money to buy oz content to keep it away from TV3 and then dumping it on at say 3AM aprox. e.g. Offspring but that's a debate for another thread.

Stop being so pedantic. It is perfectly clear what they mean by that.

• Advertisement

Your actually the one that's being pedantic. I'm sticking with facts.

Your actually the one that's being pedantic. I'm sticking with facts.

good for you!

The story lines in this soap are crazy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Martin567

Sometimes yes but arguably less so overall than some other soaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 294 ✭✭tjc28

all soaps have crazy storylines, at least neighbours rarely features anything too heavy.

Martin567 wrote: »
    Sometimes yes but arguably less so overall than some other soaps.

Yes, it's the only left that I watch. At this point in it's favour is at least a lack of gangsters that seem to populate every other soap in the last few years.

I know the stories are mad but I enjoy trying to predict what ridiculous turn things will take next.

My latest theory: Dee and Willow will leave shortly and then Willow will turn up on Toadies door some night around 3 weeks later and move in. Shortly after Callum will return from America as a new, boyband-esque, teen love God and him and Toadies daughter will fall in love creating all sorts of difficulties in the great tradition of Neighbours star-crossed lovers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Missed today's episode. Very interesting how the Dee storyline is panning out! Could some of the relationships be in trouble regarding the surrogacy?

So Dee is a faker, how did her hair strand show Dee's dna?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Dee is a faker, how did her hair strand show Dee's dna?

I was so disappointed. That definitely would've been more interesting if she was for real.
    Bet it's her sister who isn't actually dead at all.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

I'm glad the way things have worked out as it probably means that Dee stays dead. It would have made those episodes in 2003 alot less iconic if she didn't die.
    I'm curious how Andrea faked Dees dna, maybe she got hold of a relative of Dees sisters hair

Dees sister was called Cecilia or something, she was on a few episodes around that time, I doubt its her especially how she only found out about her looking like Dee Bliss from an ex Ramsay street resident, I'm sure most of you know who the ex resident is.

Advertisement