Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭Delta2113

No RTE2 showing this Friday - they could have repeated it on RTE1 instead off Only Fools and Horses. Ironically they have finally put the horse show on RTE2 instead of splitting it between RTE1 and RTE2 so fair play for that -although why it took so long...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭jules86

Was that Andrea back or the real Dee?? Credits said special appearance by Madeline West. No hope for Toadie and Sonya now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,290 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tyler really taken in by his real dad who I assume is after the boat money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

They way they handled the storyline around Yashvi showing people naked pics of Ben was a bit weird. It was like "oh more high jinks from these crazy kids" but if it had been a girl it had happened too it would've been considered almost on par with a sexual assault. I thought they really screwed up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 waferthinboy

Has anything happened with Dee since I last watched Neighbours around mid-August? I know I've some catching up to do!

• Advertisement

Has anything happened with Dee since I last watched Neighbours around mid-August? I know I've some catching up to do!

Nope!
    Last we saw was a wistful Dee, or Dee look-alike, sitting on a bench telling someone she was reminiscing over old times.

Toadie is now in counselling unaware that he's spilling his guts to a counsellor that is Sonja's old lover so a convoluted road lies ahead before they can insert Dee again for maximum fireworks.

Thanks. I'm really not a fan of the Andrea Somers storyline, I felt it was conning the viewers who have/had so much affection for the lovely Dee character. All we wanted for years was to see Dee Bliss back, and her return could have caused enough trouble, and a genuine love triangle, which is surely more interesting than Toadie being conned and then losing his marriage - over what? A woman he didn't know the name of! So, I really feel that storyline showed that Neighbours has lost its way and become disconnected from its fans!
    Now, I feel that if they have any respect for us, the fans, they will just drop this storyline which has upset some of us enough already. Some of us have invested a significant part of our lives into this show because we want to be CHEERED UP - with a bit of drama thrown in - isn't that what Neighbours is, and the whole reason that the BBC bought it back in 1986?
    No character or relationship should be broken to the point that the viewers feel there is no hope left. Storylines like Sonia accidentally watching Andrea have sex with her man over Skype are just not right for Neighbours. We can watch EastEnders for that kind of thing.
    Like, back in 1998, Karl 'cheated' on Susan by snogging his secretary Sarah and then talking to her a lot! That was it. It all felt incredibly dramatic and yet, we knew that eventually, everything would be alright again cause next door was only a footstep away!

Thanks. I'm really not a fan of the Andrea Somers storyline, I felt it was conning the viewers who have/had so much affection for the lovely Dee character. All we wanted for years was to see Dee Bliss back, and her return could have caused enough trouble, and a genuine love triangle, which is surely more interesting than Toadie being conned and then losing his marriage - over what? A woman he didn't know the name of! So, I really feel that storyline showed that Neighbours has lost its way and become disconnected from its fans!
    Now, I feel that if they have any respect for us, the fans, they will just drop this storyline which has upset some of us enough already. Some of us have invested a significant part of our lives into this show because we want to be CHEERED UP - with a bit of drama thrown in - isn't that what Neighbours is, and the whole reason that the BBC bought it back in 1986?
    No character or relationship should be broken to the point that the viewers feel there is no hope left. Storylines like Sonia accidentally watching Andrea have sex with her man over Skype are just not right for Neighbours. We can watch EastEnders for that kind of thing.
    Like, back in 1998, Karl 'cheated' on Susan by snogging his secretary Sarah and then talking to her a lot! That was it. It all felt incredibly dramatic and yet, we knew that eventually, everything would be alright again cause next door was only a footstep away!

I agree, that Toadie& Sonja storyline was really nasty. If it had been the real Dee we would have all bought that and I think it would've given the show a real boost to have a story like that. The producers surely know we are all willing to suspend believe in order to watch. A resurrection would've been grand in the great scheme of Neighbours things.

Sheree Murphy is returning to Neighbours as the mischievous Dakota Davies, and is already filming her comeback scenes on location in London.

The ex-Emmerdale actress played the guest role of devious Dakota back in 2014, when she locked horns with Paul Robinson and Mark Brennan, and bosses have announced she will be causing chaos for another Ramsay Street regular in the shape of Leo Tanaka.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sheree Murphy is returning to Neighbours as the mischievous Dakota Davies, and is already filming her comeback scenes on location in London.

The ex-Emmerdale actress played the guest role of devious Dakota back in 2014, when she locked horns with Paul Robinson and Mark Brennan, and bosses have announced she will be causing chaos for another Ramsay Street regular in the shape of Leo Tanaka.

Cool, but did Leo never consider a role on Shortland Street? I feel his talents would be better used there. In Ireland, that programme only comes on at about 3am when I'm beyond noticing how anyone is acting!

• Advertisement

Go on Sheila give it to Terese, Paige and Susan and I bet you regret taking the sex couch now :p

Neighbours has confirmed that former Coronation Street star Ryan Thomas will be joining the show next year.

Ryan – who is known for his role as Corrie's Jason Grimshaw – is swapping the colder conditions of the Cobbles for sunnier climates on Ramsay Street.

The actor will play Rafael Humphreys – a loner with dark secrets, who arrives in Erinsborough to confront a difficult chapter from his past. His first scenes will air in 2018.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So mark is back with you're wan again? Christ on a bike hes in love with more women than Ive had hot dinners.

Neighbours brings back Lyn Scully next week as she's revealed as the wellness centre's mystery new donor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Oh well at least it's legit, unless that person has been prostituting herself :-)
    What about today's episode! A lot going on in such a short time frame - exciting or what?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Misty wants too return too the police force ehhh? cue Mark falling in love with her and realizing she was the one all along :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

Misty wants too return too the police force ehhh? cue Mark falling in love with her and realizing she was the one all along :rolleyes:

Ever notice how there’s never any mirrors around Mark? That’s because he’d probably fall in love with himself if he could! He’s unreal.

Can anyone remind me why Mark arrested Paige?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭simo28

Good cliffhangers in todays episode I thought. I think its off now till January. I reckon Dee/Andrea will be pregnant and the kidnapper and Hamish's murderer will be linked to the gangster Dimato who both Tyler and Paige were involved with.

On February 12 Channel 5 has a one hour special. I wonder how RTE will handle this.

Neighbours will screen a special to mark Natalie Bassingthwaighte’s return to Ramsay Street as resident ‘homewrecker’ Isabelle “Izzy” Hoyland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Why is the gangster in prison determined to force Tyler to spy on his wife?
    Why cant anyone of his friends just do it instead of wasting time threatening Tyler to do it?
    So many questions?
    I wonder did Tyler even kill his dad at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Lackey wrote: »
    I wonder did Tyler even kill his dad at all?

It was Tyler's girlfriend who did him in with her vlogs and feisty feminist attitude.

Piper is a serious pain in the backside. He'd do well to dump her now before she lands him in more trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭Dave_Dublin

Delta2113 wrote: »
    On February 12 Channel 5 has a one hour special. I wonder how RTE will handle this.

Looks like we'll be a day behind AGAIN from early next week.

RTÉ are showing the hour-long special on Tuesday but then simply continuing on with Tuesday's episode on Wednesday . . .

(they could've at least shown an hour Tuesday and an hour Wednesday to catch up)

Channel 5 will be showing that special BEFORE it's shown in Australia :

11 are showing it as a 90-minute episode on Tuesday

Fair play to baby Gayb - not quite 9 months yet he's walking.

Looks like we'll be a day behind AGAIN from early next week.

RTÉ are showing the hour-long special on Tuesday but then simply continuing on with Tuesday's episode on Wednesday . . .

(they could've at least shown an hour Tuesday and an hour Wednesday to catch up)

Channel 5 will be showing that special BEFORE it's shown in Australia :

11 are showing it as a 90-minute episode on Tuesday

- Double episodes yesterday!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I was rewatching 2003 last year, Stu was involved in a good cult storyline.

I think this Coronation Street actor could be something to do with the 2004 fire that Paul started.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Caprica

Neighbours is bringing back Plain Jane Superbrain. She is coming back for an ‘extended period’, not sure what that means exactly. A few weeks maybe?

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/neighbours/news/a850275/neighbours-spoilers-annie-jones-jane-harris-return/

I enjoyed the hour long special. Great return for Izzy. Dressed as a Spice Girl, knocked down by the woman whose husband she had a fling with, widowed after 24 hrs to her 89 year old multi millionaire husband. Great stuff.

Glad to see the back of Tyler, a bit shocked he went down for murder. I wish Piper went with him, a very annoying couple. Do we really know what happened Hamish?

I find it hard to believe that Ellie is the most suitable person to cover for Susan. The rest of the teaching staff must be very poor.

So was it Tyler who delivered the killer blow to Hamish and is jail his exit, has the actor left?

OMG Piper needs a slap blaming Therese for Tyler getting arrested. Such an annoying, stupid brat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I'm late to the game with this one, but did anyone watch the Neighbours vs Time Travel webisodes? I actually enjoyed them in a completely ridiculously bizarre kind of way!

Advertisement