Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neighbours [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

1252627282931»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why has JJ not returned to school?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

Holly's online username was IllegallyBlonde07 in reference to her birth year I assume yet the character now is not 17. Holly seems to be in her early 20s so would have been born before Izzy and Karl even had the affair.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭animalinside

Trivia Notes
    • When she arrived in Erinsborough in 2013, Holly's age had been increased slightly to 8-years-old, though she was born on screen in 2007 and should only have been 6-years-old. By 2022, it was mentioned that Holly was 19-years-old.
    • Chaya Broadmore played Holly in one episode, when she was born in London, in 2007. Lucinda Armstrong Hall took over the role when the character was reintroduced in 2013. After several guest appearances, Holly became a regular character in 2023.

https://neighbours-soap-opera.fandom.com/wiki/Chaya_Broadmore

We're also in 2025 right now in Neighbours due to the 2-year jump - it's all mixed-up.

Imagine a newborn playing the role of a newborn in a soap opera. 🤨

Ryan Moloney to leave soap after almost 30 years

Toadie will bid farewell to Ramsay Street

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/nei...-moloney-exit/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Not that surprising really, considering he's been away a lot since it returned, pointless that they paired Toadie with Terese as it seems they've known for awhile he was likely to leave to go behind the camera. I wonder will this mean Terese and Paul eventually getting back together! Although Paul has been off screen awhile too, so maybe he's thinking of leaving too!

• Advertisement

I wonder if Vic is taking over as new Paul

Pairing Toadie with Terese was a very bad idea, will Nell and Hugo leave with Toadie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pistachio19

"Pairing Toadie with Terese was a very bad idea, will Nell and Hugo leave with Toadie?"

We can only pray!

Well he has just had a miracle cure, so looks like he'll be hanging around and probably try to take over the vineyard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Anyone else watching on FreeVee finding that it cuts off just as the "Coming up.." sequence starts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

https://x.com/itvnews/status/1817531318621671531?t=LF9DmoGhaE4N08qnwnGBYQ&s=19The actress who played Lyn Scully has died aged 72

Post edited by paulie21 on

• Advertisement

What a week of nonsense. Holly needs to go. She is unbelievably thick, heading off with Heath who she's known for 5 minutes. On finding Toadie and Mel, they could have had 3 against 1 when Heath turned up, but no, Holly thinks she can placate him and sends the other pair of thicks running off - to where I don't know as there was nowhere to run to. I'm hoping a freight train arrives quickly to finish Toadie off, as his original character has certainly been destroyed in this new Neighbours. I'm guessing the death will be Heath though, given he's likely been torn to shreds by an alligator.

The week was total nonsense, maybe I missed it, but, what was the point of going to the outback, how did that fit with the hotel swindle plan? It didn't really take much for Tess's plans to fall apart despite her been percieved as a mastermind.

Holly has now been kidnapped twice in the space of about a month! Toadie loosing his marbles for no particular reason.

Tbf I don't think Mel or Holly would put up much of a fight against Heath and I doubt Toadie would be a match for Heath either. Toadie's character has been destroyed so won't be any loss when he goes. I'm glad the hotel swindle storyline is almost over, as it's been completely ridiculous from the start.

And no surprise that none of the regular cast died!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I think you might have spoken too soon, looks like Mackenzie might die.

I reckon she'll live to see another day, year… Dr Remi is great at saving lives.

Toadie storyline makes no sense

The actor wants to leave acting to direct the show, fair enough, but why such a silly storyline, maybe the actor is writing it as well, would have been much better for him to die in the outback. A much cleaner exit.

I think the Toadie actor came out saying it wasn't his decision to leave

Post edited by JP Liz V1 on

No new episode today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It was on at lunchtime. Probably got pushed out due to para Olympics coverage on rte2

• Advertisement

Forgot to say I'm watching on Freevee. They have put it as the first episode of 2024 for some reason - the previous episodes since it's return have been under the 2023 tab.

The last 4 weeks of episodes are always on the RTE Player, so if you miss an episode for any reason you can catch up on there. The lunch time episodes are always shown, but, sometimes for sporting events such as the Olympics or Euros this summer, they don't repeat the evening episode - not sure why as I'd imagine more watch the evening episodes than the lunchtime slot.

Not available in Northern Ireland though! All episodes are through Freevee here and they don't delete them.

Why on earth is Holly hiding the money in a bag of compost in the greenhouse? She is an adult with her own bedroom, surely she has some degree of privacy in her own room to hide it in there.

My thoughts exactly. She is such a dope. As far as I know, nobody knew about it so its not like the police will come to raid the house looking for it. She'd want to reign in the spending a bit though, as people will wonder how she can afford expensive cutlery.

I hope Felix is kept permanently this time

I admit I stopped watching neighbours years ago, tuned in for "final episode" then started watching again when it returned....therefore I don't know the full back stories of all the characters.

However the Aaron/Nicolette storyline is really bugging me. I honestly don't see what she did as wrong. He fell apart and disappeared after David died leaving her completely in the dark (semi understandable) , comes back goes on benders with someone who is supposed to be in recovery, then hooks up with a randomer potentially contracting an STD ..... yet all this is forgiven and she's kicked out for documenting it.....I mean if he was acting as an upstanding parent there would be nothing to document. Like am I missing something...I know she has a dodgy past but documenting everything seems the responsible thing to do!

As for Holly I just can't!

Yes, Nicolette didn’t make up anything, she just documented what he did, and it was all deleted, surely that proves she had changed her mind about using it,

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Niall_76

I am in same position exactly regarding watching it although I also stopped for a while after it restarted.

Absolutely ridiculous that Jane suggest a mother move out and leave her kid behind. And more ridiculous that she would agree.

• Advertisement

I think the point about Nicolette is that she always puts her own interests first and doesn't look at the bigger picture or the impact it would have on others, whenever she is caught out on something she's only ever sorry that she got caught not for actually doing something dodgy, her intentions are never pure and everyone close to her knows this, so never give her the benefit of the doubt as they have learnt from past experiences.

I get that. However in this case she was perfectly right to make the list. Aaron was acting extremely reckless, she didn't have a crystal ball. Whenever a situation is spiralling the first thing you're told to do is document everything.

I certainly wouldn't be agreeing to legal adoption at this point.

Jane's constant anguished dithering face is also annoying me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'm going to Melbourne for the Christmas holidays until mid January and it looks like they've stopped doing the Neighbours tour which I would love to do as I've been watching the show since it began.

Hopefully Holly will be jailed for stealing that money. She is unbelievably stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

I don't understand why Holly didn't hide the money in her bedroom rather than Karl's green house. There are dozens of places to hide money in a bedroom. Now that Mackenzie is gone I bet they will bring in another trans actor to tick that box like they did with the Vaga-Murphy's.

When the show restarted they didn't have Aaron and David so they had to bring in another couple for their box ticking exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Delta2113

A Network 10 Australia spokesperson: “From Monday, 14 October through to Wednesday, 18 December 2024.

Neighbours

will air three times a week so it look's like Ireland and the UK will go ahead off Australia in episodes.

They should really just keep it in sync worldwide - I hate these schedule changes.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Delta2113

No I don't think so - might have a 2 week Christmas break aprox.

krista is beginning to get very annoying especially in organising the male strip show and her interactions with Mel. Also isn't the whole strip show very cringe plus the behaviour of some of the female characters regarding the strip show is very inappropriate, does seem like double standards as couldn't imagine Neighbours running a similar storyline where the male characters coerce the female ccharacters into performing a strip show.

I like Krista but I agree she and Mel together is getting very annoying and childish, Mel is very annoying and that rubs off on the other characters she interacts with.

Advertisement