Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

I think the twist was a bit ridiculous, especially as they pretty much had set it up as Paul & Terese getting married, plus implied that Toadie and Mel were still together. Purely done for the shock value, will be interesting to see where they go with it from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭Delta2113

A lot can happen in two years. Time will tell how good or bad this storyline will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,701 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm sorry but I just can't imagine someone like Terese falling for Toadie

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭animalinside

There is no doubt the vast majority of male Neighbours viewers are heterosexual and well into adulthood, it's trying to get young people interested can be a bit of a problem these days. While soaps have a reputation for being female majority in general, I would say Neighbours is probably one of the most gender-balanced of them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pistachio19

Those poor kids, 2 step mothers in the space of 2 years - no wonder they've aged considerably! The comment that Melanie left because she realised she wasn't cut out to be a step mother doesn't stand up, as she doted on them. I don't see Therese being a doting step mother at all, given her own family are adults and she was so career driven. Mischa Barton is woeful in it. She comes across like she stepped into the wrong programme and doesn't know what she's doing there. So far its been a bit sh*te but despite that I daresay I'll keep watching.

• Advertisement

Have to agree that so far it hasn't been great, there's a lot of new characters, apart from the old reliables Paul, Harold, Carl & Susan, some of the other returning characters are poor ( surely they could have brought back a few better characters), added to the whole Toadie & Terese wedding/ marriage just doesn't look right, they obviously got the shock value of the twist at the end of the first episode, but, at what expense! I'll stick with it for another while, but, would need to pick up or it'll be a short lived return.

It may sound nitpicky but why did they get rid of the names in the opening? I really liked that, I thought that was a great way for welcoming new people to it and getting them interested in the actors/actresses that they could easily check up online. Even for long time viewers I liked reading the names, same as how I like seeing my own name written. Not too keen on the beach being the first clip of the opening - I thought Neighbours was different to Home and Away and a part of it is that it's not by a beach, and the beach should be a rare thing for them to go to yet they're there already. The opening was otherwise fine, but still nowhere near as good as some of the older openings. Not a big fan of the new theme tune either.

Terese and Toady again very hard to believe. The first thing that comes up is how surprising their compatability as Terese is such a businesswoman while Toady is more relaxed, possibly in large part for the benefit of new viewers.

Susan is being weird and dark without explanation.

Holly is great, Mackenzie is good as well. Karl and Paul as good as always.

Is the filming lighter or something, a bit less colourful than it used to be.

Did Melanie die or was sick, hence her leaving as nothing makes sense

I thought MacKenzie and Paul's son had left respectively at the final but now are still there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Don't get why they went 2 years forward when the show was off for just over a year.

Melanie was in the first episode back, it looked like she and Toadie were still together, tbh I wasn't paying particular heed to the scene as it appeared fairly insignificant at the time, but, she hasn't appeared since and presume she won't be in it again. The explanation for Toadie and Mel not working out appears to be that she wasn't cut out to be a step mother, I think that's the case.

• Advertisement

People on DigitalSpy are saying that part of the first episode is actually flashbacks.

To be honest, I'm starting to wonder if they are being a bit woke after all - not only do they have the new family as lesbians with kids, they are a doctor and an electrician and also want to build their own house.

There's a lack of normal young adults like Chloe and Kyle and Roxy and Ned, that Neighbours has always had all throughout the years. Holly and Mackenzie can't carry it all by themselves.

I find Reece, Byron and Holly very annoying

Holly is basically a direct copy of Roxy.

Apparently Aaron, Elly and Chloe are returning, a new Nicolette, recast

No BooBoo?? (David)

The first episode where Toadie and Melanie were shown together was apparently Toadie looking back on the day that Paul and Therese were to renew their vows last year. The were getting ready to go to the renewal. Melanie mentions getting the kids sorted and we are all led to believe that she and Toadie are still married until the last few seconds of the episode. In another episode Toadie is then telling Therese about his flashback. I still can't believe Paul let Therese go after the lengths he'd gone to get her back previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

It's basically the "it was all a dream" plot technique (I mean in showing something and then totally changing the context of it after). Hopefully this was a one-off.

I think Roxy was very mischievious and badly behaved at first like Holly but started cleaning up her behaviour after a while.

Chloe and Elly's return may only be temporary unfortunately. They're calling it "extended guest roles".

Neighbours welcomes back April Rose Pengilly & Jodi Gordon | TV Tonight

Post edited by animalinside on

Not necessarily in looks, but, her character and stature very similar to Roxy. Her mischievous behaviour is very similar to Roxy. Would love to see Roxy and Kyle return.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

While Roxy was mischievous when she first joined the show there was still something very likeable about her unlike Holly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Thank you! I could have sworn I'd seen her! This is all very confusing for me. I watched back in the 80s and had given up on it until the last month or so before it finished. Gonna take me a while to speed with it.

• Advertisement

There's classic episodes on Amazon Prime. Sounds like you have a lot of catching up to do. 😋

It's really not getting better. Wendy is a complete pain in the backside. Imagine letting yourself in to someone else's house to take the bins out? That would make me want to run for the hills, not buy a house on the same street.

Toadie put his house on the market last week, gets one offer and tells the new family they have one hour to put an offer in if they want to buy it. Within the hour they have put in the offer and paid a deposit, before waiting for their sons to come home to discuss it. No doubt they'll have moved in by next week.

Nell's character comes across as a teenager, and not the 10 year old she should be (11 if they are living in the year 2024 already). Not a fan of her.

Reece needs a wardrobe overhaul, or better still a one way ticket back to the US.

It hasn't been great alright, as you pointed out a lot of ridiculous little things happening that would never happen in a million years, in todays episode in the space of 10 seconds the new doctor just happens to find Harold's pills on the floor and work out what's causing his memory loss issues. Nell definitely acting much older than she's supposed to be. I think keeping the Rodwells was a mistake, the Wendy and the daughter (can't think of her name) are annoying characters, they could have brought back much better characters than them. The new family are OK with some potential, but, the way they bought Toadie's house was ridiculous, probably could have just started with them moving into Toadie's house instead of Jane's. Will stick with it for now but, if it doesn't improve I can't see it lasting too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Haz, Mackenzie, Holly and Sadie are really not a proper gang of young people that will be fun to watch, they are all better as side characters. What are Mackenzie and Sadie even wearing today? Nearly everyone is some weird minority of some sort or else talking about getting old and retirement.

It's all falling apart a bit and not because of them getting rugpulled or changing viewer patterns or circumstances beyond their control, they have every chance.

Sadie is younger than MacKenzie and her fire lead to Hendrix death

Holly looks really short

What house is MacKenzie in, I thought it was Toadie's but that's for sale

Would it be Aaron and David's house - almost sure they had that pool. She's living there with Byron and Haz

I think there was mention in one episode of Leo having bought it.

They're really throwing Melanie under the bus, apparently she will be coming back again though.

Nell is a terrible actress, even for a child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

Next week is apparently a week of flashbacks to explain what's happened in the "two years" gap we are all a bit confused about. I think they could've aired that sooner than now because I imagine they've lost a lot of viewers who don't buy into the new relationships.

Advertisement