Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ford transit

• 13-08-2009 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

im trying to get the hub off the back wheel of a transit t90 and it wont come off, any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭8vjohn

Is the handbrake off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 saturnerd

yea the handbrake is off, tryed prysing it off,i think its badly rusted, is there an easy way of getting it off to change brakes?

you can try loosening the handbrake cable adjustment from inside the cab. This in my experience leaves enough room for the hub to come off.
    The hub nut is off yeah?

where is the hub nut?pardon my ignorance.

When you take the wheel off you will see a circular disc in the middle of the drum. Prise that off and you will see a large nylon nut holding on the outside of the drum. This nut must be replaced with a new one btw

• Advertisement

thanks a million i will try that.is it a srange looking nut?

No problem.
    no it's not strange looking, just has a nylon lining to stop it coming loose.
    Good luck with it

No problem.
    no it's not strange looking, just has a nylon lining to stop it coming loose.
    Good luck with it

Advertisement