Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extended extensions

Options
  • 13-08-2009 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Am I the only person who's received second extension letters with new (later) "extended to" dates for most of my firearms?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Mr Flibble wrote: »
    Am I the only person who's received second extension letters with new (later) "extended to" dates for most of my firearms?
    So you've two sets of letters?

In which case if you're not unique, you're the first here to say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

Mr Flibble wrote: »

No your not, I had a call today from one of our members who got one for his rifle for October last week and one for the same rifle today for June of next Year.

Sikamick

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

Sikamick wrote: »

No your not, I had a call today from one of our members who got one for his rifle for October last week and one for the same rifle today for June of next Year.

Sikamick

Beautiful. They must've corrupted the original excel spreadsheet and had to do it again :p:p. Here's hopin' for somthing later than Oct this year....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Hopefully they've realized what an absolute arse biscuit they've made of it and are extending all of the extensions so as to... Do it bleeding properly, giving people all the facts before saying *we* need to submit forms before a certain date.

But, then again, that'd be the right thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭PJ Hunter

the fo, reckons it's going to end up in a trail of forms stretching from dublin to mayo. hasn't a clue what there at. they got sent on some half hour course to do with the new license, tea and biscuits that was it. he went on to say the commissioner will be sending out extentions this time next year. looks if he's right.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Got a letter this moring my new shotgun extended till june 2010 :D wait for it, its the second letter i recieved for the same shotgun last one extended till october 09 :(

Had already submitted new application forms, so off to the garda station to pass on the good news. Got my application form back just have to change the date on it next march.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Has anyone gotten one of these for a restricted firearm's cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

Sparks wrote: »
    I'm still waiting on the original extension letter for my pistol. Got the rifle one a week last Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Mr Flibble

Sparks wrote: »

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Has the wording changed? I think the 3 month time limit was a bit confusing.
    Is it only those with extensions until october who are getting new letters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Common sense would dictate that the later extension date would be applicable. However, common sense isn't very common when it comes to firearms issues. If I got 2 letters for the same firearm, I think I'd run it by my FO just to be safe. Wouldn't want the Gardai to arrive on the doorstep to confiscate my guns after the 1st letter expired. Easier to clear it up before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

What date of issue of the later letters? Is it still 28/07/09?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Bond-007 wrote: »

Good question, if it's a later date, it definitely supercedes the earlier extension. Bummer if your extension gets shortened. Has that happened to anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Mr Flibble

Yep, same date. But I'll bet they weren't actually sent out on the same date.

Good question, if it's a later date, it definitely supercedes the earlier extension. Bummer if your extension gets shortened. Has that happened to anyone?

the fo pulling his hair. no sign of the advisory booklets, 34 pages of guidelines? will I get a doctors cert to say i'm ok to save the fo no end of time. don't apply at the last minuet for god sake cause then you need new extentions and will I get forms off the garda site as they haven't any at the station.:o

i haven't the intention paying for any doctors cert and theres no point filling out forms as I don't have a printer, not that half the farmers in the country have a computer let alone a printer.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

PJ Hunter wrote: »
    the fo pulling his hair. no sign of the advisory booklets, 34 pages of guidelines? will I get a doctors cert to say i'm ok to save the fo no end of time. don't apply at the last minuet for god sake cause then you need new extentions and will I get forms off the garda site as they haven't any at the station.:o

i haven't the intention paying for any doctors cert and theres no point filling out forms as I don't have a printer, not that half the farmers in the country have a computer let alone a printer.:mad:

you dont have to get a doctors cert .

All you do is supply your doctors details.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Just on this topic, I was speaking to one of the GP's I work last week about this. He agreed with it in principal, but wasn't impressed with with the idea of extra paper work. He holds a license himself which is why I asked him. However, it was the first he had heard about it.

All you do is supply your doctors details.

the fo reckoned, the doctors cert saves him calling up everyones gp, avoids any slow downs and if the forms are in late:eek:

Given that the doctor's meant to be certifying you as being mentally sound, and that such a cert would have to certify you as being mentally sound for the next three years, I'd say you're getting remarkable value for money there PJ :rolleyes: :D

• Advertisement

PJ Hunter wrote: »
    the fo reckoned, the doctors cert saves him calling up everyones gp, avoids any slow downs and if the forms are in late:eek:
    There is no way they are going to call up everyone's doctors. For a start the doctors won't stand for it. Also it will be the Super who will make any approaches to medical personnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I think this section will have more relevance in the future.
    Cannot see them getting 100,000 + medical certs ( is it one for each firearm?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Surely a Doctor can only release your medical records to yourself or another Doctor

B'Man

Unless you give permission for those records to be released to someone else, then the Doctor can't even release them to another doctor. Sole exceptions are cases where it would be a public health risk not to report stuff, for example if your GP diagnoses you with swine flu or TB. Thing is, to get a licence you now must give permission for the Gardai to see those medical records as well, so the GP can release them under those conditions too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Got my extension letters on the 5th and 6th of August. They were sent 28th July. Extended till 31/10/09. Filled them in got club pulse id, references etc and submitted them to my FO on 11th August. This morning got all new extension letters dated 12th August extending my firearm certs till.......wait for it........... 31/10/09. WHAT THE HELL. :confused:
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭G17

ezridax wrote: »
    Filled them in got club pulse id

I'm presuming that's a typo, or does your club have a pulse ID. If it does can you let us know how they got it (maybe it's a game, not target club)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

G17 wrote: »
    I'm presuming that's a typo, or does your club have a pulse ID. If it does can you let us know how they got it (maybe it's a game, not target club)?
    You apply for it on form FRPC1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

I'm presuming that's a typo, or does your club have a pulse ID

You know what they say about assumption being the mother of all.......:D

Seriously, was told (by text message) to put MNSCI down on application form then on Sunday was told by JP Craven that he would text me on Monday morning with pulse id. He did and i filled it in on the appropriate space. Still left MNSCI on the form. Once again lads its my first time filling these forms in and if someone tells me thats the number, reference, cert etc i need then (using a bit of common sense) i'll use it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭kakashka

Got my extension letters on the 5th and 6th of August. They were sent 28th July. Extended till 31/10/09. This morning got all new extension letters dated 12th August extending my firearm certs till.......wait for it........... 31/10/09. WHAT THE HELL. :confused:
    Same here,recieved another 3 letters(not all)this morn,same dates as ezridax...:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭G17

rrpc wrote: »
    You apply for it on form FRPC1

would text me on Monday morning with pulse id. He did and i filled it in on the appropriate space.

So range and club authorisations and also PULSE I.D.s have been given out already? I'm super anxious to get these sorted and the clubs I'm involved with have been told - September for the process to start (maybe there's a queue which is understandable). I'm delighted if the ball is rolling.:)

Advertisement