Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extended extensions

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

G17 wrote: »
    So range and club authorisations and also PULSE I.D.s have been given out already? I'm super anxious to get these sorted and the clubs I'm involved with have been told - September for the process to start (maybe there's a queue which is understandable). I'm delighted if the ball is rolling.:)

I was originally told September or later, then i got told they had the number. Nice surprise.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

So range and club authorisations and also PULSE I.D.s have been given out already? I'm super anxious to get these sorted and the clubs I'm involved with have been told - September for the process to start (maybe there's a queue which is understandable). I'm delighted if the ball is rolling.:)
    Depends on the district I suspect. The range certification is a different beast and won't be on stream for a little while longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭G17

rrpc wrote: »
    Depends on the district I suspect.

Have any other clubs successfully been through the range/club authorisation process already does anyone know?

Have any other clubs successfully been through the range/club authorisation process already does anyone know?
    Sorry G17, I was in the process of editing my last post to add that info and got caught up on a phone call.

Range certification not being done yet. It's just club authorisations now.

rrpc wrote: »
    got caught up on a phone call.

Tsk tsk, priorities? :D

So, ok, Club's are being authorised before their range is. I've been told (FPU, FO, DOJ) that Clubs won't be authorised (and I'm talking target shooting clubs) until they have their range authorised (we've lots of work done and are ready for inspection, for some time).

Sheesh.

• Advertisement

Tsk tsk, priorities? :D

So, ok, Club's are being authorised before their range is. I've been told (FPU, FO, DOJ) that Clubs won't be authorised (and I'm talking target shooting clubs) until they have their range authorised (we've lots of work done and are ready for inspection, for some time).

Sheesh.
    Many of the ranges (probably most) have already been authorised under the Garda system. These authorisations/certifications haven't gone away just because a new sherriff is in town :D, but as time goes on, they will be replaced by the range certification process under 4A of the firearms act.

New ranges from now have to go through the hoops in the correct order, but range authiorisation can't hold up club authorisation because it'll become a catch 22 situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

Theres a club in Donegal which has been in constant contact with the DOJ, and is just about ready to be signed as authorised now!!- had a look at it last week and its an impressive job!- huge amount of work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Yeah, but I wonder if your club has to have it's authorisation granted in order to get it's PULSE ID? If folks have been given IDs for their clubs already, it would seem to suggest the two aren't linked.

Sparks wrote: »
    Yeah, but I wonder if your club has to have it's authorisation granted in order to get it's PULSE ID? If folks have been given IDs for their clubs already, it would seem to suggest the two aren't linked.
    I think we need to clarify the two systems. It's certification for ranges and authorisation for clubs.

AFAIK, and I was told by the Range Inspector that for existing clubs the authorisation should be a separate process.

This being a propos of my less than rave review of the FRPC1 form here and the messiness of combining two application forms into one. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Good bit of news rrpc, though I was more thinking that anyone who has a club running now would get a PULSE ID even before their authorisation or certification, for the purposes of filling in forms and such; it'd only make sense that the two wouldn't be linked, as if they were, you could have fun when an authorisation/certification lapsed or was revoked. Not to mention that it'll make filling in the forms now a lot easier!

• Advertisement

So can anyone tell me (PM is good) how/where they got their Club PULSE I.D. ?

Two clubs I'm involved with, one has the old club authorisation, range certification pending, the other brand new, pending range certification/club authorisation.

Is the section 2 (5) (a) of the 1925/64/71 act pertaining to Club Authorisations still in force?

Confused...........

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sam I Am

Can anyone point me in the direction of Range standards for authorisation/certification of a range (not a club). Aside from the standard legalise of: must be authorised...inspected...etc. Or is that all there is at the moment?
    What do you actually need to build, contain, security etc.

Sam I Am wrote: »
    Can anyone point me in the direction of Range standards for authorisation/certification of a range (not a club). Aside from the standard legalise of: must be authorised...inspected...etc. Or is that all there is at the moment?
    What do you actually need to build, contain, security etc.
    They're not fully commenced in law yet, there's a recent draft here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Mr Flibble

Sikamick wrote: »

No your not, I had a call today from one of our members who got one for his rifle for October last week and one for the same rifle today for June of next Year.

Sikamick

I see your two letters and raise you one.

I now have three letters for each of most of my guns.

Anyone else?

Advertisement