Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hotel in city centre

Options
  • 13-08-2009 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    me and my girlfriend are looking to stay in city centre the weekend of the 12th september friday and saturday night, some where within walking distance of temple bar. i want to get a nice hotel that is fairly cheap but still romantic. Something like 2 nights and evening dinner or something like that.
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

The unfortunate thing about us lot is that we don't stay in hotels in Dublin. However, a friend was over and got an apartment in Temple bar for two nights for around 140 Euro. Staydublin.com

I would avoid Hotel restaurants, have a look at some of the older threads here to get some good restaurant advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

The Morrison is a top notch hotel, right accross the river from Temple Bar. Perhaps a bit pricey.

Further north, just off O'Connell Street is The Academy, which has just been completely refurbished and is really nice. Decent value too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

blooms hotel is in temple bar

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Peteer

Further north, just off O'Connell Street is The Academy, which has just been completely refurbished and is really nice. Decent value too.

Email sales@ [academyplazahotel.ie] and ask for a bloggers discount.

HTH,
    Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭gorgo

I booked a hotel room for the inlaws (real american I know) in the Alexander hotel (see link below) for the weekend and it was cheaper than some B&B's!!

For the 11/12th Sept. its coming in cheapest @ €230 for both of you for the Weekend.

http://ocallaghanhotels.visrez.com/OperaManager/visrez/RoomResponse.aspx?cd=2&cx=1&cy=1&cz=0&ct=0&dte=11/09/2009

• Advertisement
Advertisement