Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fortec Star Dish multi lnb.

• 13-08-2009 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

I have just moved into a apartment in Galway and there is a Fortec star receiver and dish pointed at Hotbird. Is there a multi lnb bracket available for this dish? Want to swap the receiver for a Dreambox 500s. (really want to get 800 but money is tight :( ) Don't want to change dish at the moment anyway.

Also, is there any way of receiving RTE 1, 2 and Tv3 in an apartment without paying for a Upc subscription? There is no terrestrial aerial in this apartment. Thanks

Michael John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You need an Aerial for the Irish Channels. No other way other than subscrption.

A Triax MultiLNB bracket might fit or be adapted. I have a Fortec 80cm dish and Triax bracket in storage someplace, but I havn't checked if they fit, My multi-LNB dish is a 95cm Triax.

What size dish is it?
    horizontal diameter across middle, inside of edges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Sorry Watty that I didn't reply sooner, was in Limerick the past few days and couldn't measure the dish. It's 80cm.

80cm will just about do pointed at 16E, then fit adaptor and LNBs either side of arm (do not reajust east/west of dish) for 13E and 19E.

The trax arm needs a extra hole about halfway between east and middle at bottom track. The bracket needs to tilt more than in Europe, so it's mounted with hole at bottom rain not top.

multifeed.jpg
    Left most is Sky. the big yoke is at 23.5E, and dish was aligned on 16E, so LNB either side of arm is adjusted for 19E and 13E

Adjust tilt of adaptor for Sky rather than dish elevation. Only tweek dish elevation on 13E or 19E (ideally 16e with single LNB and no bracket to start).

Only move LNBs on rail, do not move dish east/west after inital alignment.

80cm will just about do pointed at 16E, then fit adaptor and LNBs either side of arm (do not reajust east/west of dish) for 13E and 19E.

The trax arm needs a extra hole about halfway between east and middle at bottom track. The bracket needs to tilt more than in Europe, so it's mounted with hole at bottom rain not top.

multifeed.jpg
    Left most is Sky. the big yoke is at 23.5E, and dish was aligned on 16E, so LNB either side of arm is adjusted for 19E and 13E

Adjust tilt of adaptor for Sky rather than dish elevation. Only tweek dish elevation on 13E or 19E (ideally 16e with single LNB and no bracket to start).

Only move LNBs on rail, do not move dish east/west after initial alignment.

That's a 95cm dish.

You will need the original LNB holder and cut it as a mount for the Triax LNB adaptor if the Triax arm holder and Fortec one are different size. The Important aspect is that the LNBs on adaptor are same distance dish as before and same plane or you lose a lot of signal.

The Bar is adapted because Sky is much stronger than 13E and 19E, so it makes sense to have them near the real focus of dish (near arm) and Sky the most offset (smaller signal).

You're a sound man Watty, the instructions and pic are a great help. Will post again when I get this up and running.

• Advertisement

One more question. Are the Lnbs sold with the Triax multi lnb bracket on Satellite.ie enough to receive all the satellites you mentioned in your post? Do I need a larger lnb for 23.5e like the dish in your photo or does size make any difference?

The satellite.ie LNBs are probabily OK.
    The large yoke isn't an LNB! It's a Transmitter/receiver (ODU) for VSAT (two way satellite). It was an experiment. You can see the real LNB lying on the wall (now restored)

23.5E isn't very exciting.

Advertisement