Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello fellow gardeners!

Options
  • 13-08-2009 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wanted to say hello as I've only just discovered this forum. After many years of haunting Eircom we finally have broadband so you might be seeing a bit of me on this forum.

We moved from Dublin to a thatch out in the sticks of Galway so I've discovered gardening in a big way since. I even built a wee blog last month.
    My other half reckons the pumpkins get more attention then he does.

www.lifeinthesloelane.moonfruit.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

And nobody has even said hello back to you. Hello.:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi poppyfields, I've just started my first little veggie patch so I'll be having a good look at your blog :)

What a cute blog.
    I want to live under a thatch someday too. :)
    I'm going to try out this nettle tea later. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Can ye all post pics of yer gardens. Love getting ideas from other people's creations. There should be a sticky pictures of peoples gardens like on the cycling forum there are pictures of peoples bikes.

Hi,

Just wanted to say hello as I've only just discovered this forum. After many years of haunting Eircom we finally have broadband so you might be seeing a bit of me on this forum.

We moved from Dublin to a thatch out in the sticks of Galway so I've discovered gardening in a big way since. I even built a wee blog last month.

Lovely website. Reading a few of your tips and I read the same ones in aReader's digest book called Hints and Tips from times Past. It's excellent. Gives a great recipe for accelerating decomposition (glucose, nettles, dandelions....can't remember the rest of the recipe coz my sis has the book now).

In a similar position as you in that I'm recycling loads of stuff for my garden. Put down a footpath using stones I'd dug out of the garden. All I've bought is paving sand and a bag of nails. I'd robbed a few pallets from an industrial estate (say nothing-they would have been dumped anyway) and cut them up to make my raised beds/skirting. Very proud of my work and I'm an engineer but have been outta work since Feb so have to do something with my time. Hope things go well for you in Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

there is a pic thread alright

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055624225

if you have a peek in the first sticky on the main page we were looking for suggestions about improving the forum for all you users. PLease feel free to add in your thoughts

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,969 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Can ye all post pics of yer gardens. Love getting ideas from other people's creations. There should be a sticky pictures of peoples gardens like on the cycling forum there are pictures of peoples bikes.

..........what, like this? ;)

P1000505.jpg

looks like an aluminium frame. am i right or am i right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Hi,

Good luck with your 'new' life. Envious is an understatement :)

looks like an aluminium frame. am i right or am i right?

Wrong or are you wrong! :D

Titanium.

• Advertisement

wow wee. how much did that baby cost ya? u based in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭EastWallGirl

I hear you on the sirens Poppyfields.

Your blog is a calming and soothing oasis.

Keep it up, I am very jealous though...

wow wee. how much did that baby cost ya? u based in Dublin.

The ol' Communion money didn't cover it.
    :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭poppyfields

Well thank you all so much for your very warm welcome. You're all invited to come down and weed my garden anytime! I do have lots of elderflower champagne brewing as it's thirsty work gardening.

I set up a wee gardening club for this purpose, and maybe it's something we could do on this forum. Four of us take turns every week going to someone's garden for a hour. We all get stuck in get loads done, and exchange plants and seeds, and of course drink loads of tea.We each put a euro in the kitty so and we'll be buying our seed potatoes and seeds out of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

thats not a bad idead Poppyfields. Was something I had thought of before, and would have been an aim of mine with this forum, to help create that sort of community!

for a glass of elderflower champagne I'm sure you'd attract a few helping hands :)

Advertisement