Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Holdem Books to Read

Options
  • 13-08-2009 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I've only ever been a social player with friends every few weeks so I decided to start playing a little online. I already had a Paddypower betting acount so that was the easiest to start playing on. Just been playing the micro limits holdem cash tables. Wwould like to pick up a book, preferably something easy to read and follow, just to get a better grasp of the basics. Any recommendations please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭djsctt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

Harrington on holdem to start, once you understand that, google "Fees guide to 6max", I am assuming it is 6max cash games you are playing? Also, start reading and replying to the strategy posts made in the HH forum here and reading/replying on 2+2, although on 2+2 there is a much higher noise to signal ratio. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

For the limits your probably playing (micro?) I'd recomment Ryan Fee's free ebook over Harringtons books. They're aimed more towards the higher limit players like 1/2 or 2/4 I think. Also read the stickies in this forum and the 2+2 ones. Gold mine of info. If you ever get stuck in a hand and don't know what to do post it up here to get advice on what to do if a similar situation caomes up. Gl at the tabels :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Blacktie. wrote: »
    For the limits your probably playing (micro?) I'd recomment Ryan Fee's free ebook over Harringtons books. They're aimed more towards the higher limit players like 1/2 or 2/4 I think.

thats putting the card before the horse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 hubchap

i enjoyed "holden on hold 'em" and phil gordon's "little green/blue books". easy to understand for a recreational player like myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Bozzer

zuutroy wrote: »
    thats putting the card before the horse

paging Kayroo...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 qwerty23

thanks for the recommendations. I googled that Ryan Fee ebook so have a copy of that. I like the sounds of that "hold on hold-em" being easy to understand so might have a look for that.

Cheers for the rest of the advice too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Lurker1977 wrote: »
    Harrington on holdem to start

Really is a great place to start. Easy to understand and will get you up to speed with alot of the basics of the game you can build your knowledge on.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭pkaces

Harrington on hold'em is a great book for tournaments

I think super system is a good read too but it is a little dated for todays games

Advertisement