Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 TV - free before Sept 9th (Mergedx2)

• 13-08-2009 8:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

o2-tv-promotion-free-30-day.jpg

Channels include: rte news, cartoon network, Boomerang, Travel Channel, BBC World News, Sky sports 1,2,3, Sky sports news, sky sports extra, At The Races, CNN,

Their isnt any data charges once you are using the 'o2 internet' apn.

To cancel your pass at any time, go to the O2 TV homepage on your phone. Click the My O2 TV link. Then click ‘Manage My Pass’ and follow the instructions to cancel your pass.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

sounds interesting - does that mean that I have to walk around with a TV licence in my pocket.

Random TV licence inspectors .........on the streets, in busses checking peoples mobiles for TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

PCPhoto wrote: »
    sounds interesting - does that mean that I have to walk around with a TV licence in my pocket.

Random TV licence inspectors .........on the streets, in busses checking peoples mobiles for TV.

Dont get me started,,,iirc they were exempt from licences. The phone isnt receiving the signal,, the network is, you are watching a clip.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Never knew o2 did TV!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

What phones does this work with?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

• Advertisement

I got the link, selected the package and submitted to be brought back to the same page?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Sully wrote: »
    I got the link, selected the package and submitted to be brought back to the same page?

That was happening me for a while as well, I was connecting via the new 'Streaming settings' when i opened that page, instead of the 'o2 gprs settings' when i started using the o2 gprs settings it loads fine and then brings up a page to select a station. I'm using an n95.

griffdaddy wrote: »
    That was happening me for a while as well, I was connecting via the new 'Streaming settings' when i opened that page, instead of the 'o2 gprs settings' when i started using the o2 gprs settings it loads fine and then brings up a page to select a station. I'm using an n95.

Cheers, was onto o2 and she couldnt figure it as it was working them! :p Your suggestion made the difference - I was using "o2 internet" and they used "o2 wap"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 XY

when i try to steam a channell I get a error. "unable to connect not enough bandwidth" does anyone know what bandwidth settings I should enter into realplayers advanced settings? ... I'm using an N95 and have it set to use the O2 streaming setting

XY wrote: »
    when i try to steam a channell I get a error. "unable to connect not enough bandwidth" does anyone know what bandwidth settings I should enter into realplayers advanced settings? ... I'm using an N95 and have it set to use the O2 streaming setting

I get that error randomly - you need to have 3G coverage during the stream. If Realplayer is setup for O2 Streaming settings, it should load. Make sure your connecting to the website via GPRS/WAP and not "O2 Internet". Also, try other channels if one fails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Before I spend weeks trying to configure this on my phone does anyone know if Windows Mobile 6.1 is supported?

I have a HTC Touch Cruise (with HSDPA) and already have the O2 data package which I use daily and always works.

I've signed up but when I submit a request for the settings I get an "Invalid Terminal Model" error.

Dazzy wrote: »
    Before I spend weeks trying to configure this on my phone does anyone know if Windows Mobile 6.1 is supported?

I have a HTC Touch Cruise (with HSDPA) and already have the O2 data package which I use daily and always works.

I've signed up but when I submit a request for the settings I get an "Invalid Terminal Model" error.

I assume you checked if your phone is on the Supported Handset list?!

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

I did and it’s not on the supported list but that doesn’t necessarily mean that it wont work, but it definitely means that O2 won’t support you.

I would like to know if anyone has experience of this and Windows Mobile before I try to get it working.

Should have worded my first post better. Should have asked would it work instead of is it supported. I know its not supported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Dazzy wrote: »

Its working on my SE Xperia, I just had to change to use the proxy and it worked

Wonder can the phone be connected to the PC/TV... *ponders*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Wonder can the phone be connected to the PC/TV... *ponders*

yip, you just need a nokia av cable.... handy for surfing the net as well if you've no other connection...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

yeah i had mine hooked up last night and was comparing it with the actual sky sports from my digibox. Obviously the digibox is better, but the picture from the phone is still very very watchable, and it's only about 1.5-2.5 seconds behind the cable sky sports. Very impressed with the service, if i wasn't moving away in a few weeks i'd definitely keep it

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Can anyone see where you select the Daily or Monthly pass option?

I dont' want an extra 6 quid on my bill every month, but 1 quid a pop would be handy.

I signed up and got a text saying free for next 30 days, welcome etc. Is there a minimum subscription period for the monthly pass option?? :\

First month is free. Pay nadda, nothing etc. After the first month you will be charged.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I just noticed, there is a fair usage policy, and data charges apply if they deem your usage to be 'excessive'!

Wonder how many hours of a 24 hour pass period you can watch before they deem you to be using it excessively. HRmmmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The lack of data charges is the one thing that might make me use this over my Slingbox but overall I think the Slingbox is what's gonna win over for me.

Random wrote: »
    The lack of data charges is the one thing that might make me use this over my Slingbox but overall I think the Slingbox is what's gonna win over for me.

Slingwho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Slingwho?
    It's a box you have in your house. It connects to your TV/Sky box and to your router. You can then watch TV from anywhere with an internet connection on your phone or laptop.

http://www.slingbox.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

O2 have launched O2 TV. Has anybody subscribed to it?

I'm not up to speed on the technology but is this being broadcast over DVB-H or does it use a 3G connection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

It's 3G. To receive DVB-H a phone has to have a dedicated receiver, like the N96 and the site lists compatible phones that don't have one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

It's the n96 that I have, pity o2 tv isn't using DVB-H. I don't understand how the n96 isn't on the o2 list while the n95 is.

Op there is a thread on this with some info: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055650119

What people thing of this a few days on?

I haven't been using it that much but found it just ok. Got a few bandwidth errors. If i was using public transport more i guess i would probably use it more to occupy myself.

More channels would be nice too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I tried this on Vodafone and find the quality poor. Very blurry picture. Maybe good for news and the like but not for watching sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

The quality is pretty good, great for the news as for watching a match yeah it wasn't bad, I'd rather a proper TV but when out and about it's handy and does the job.

Advertisement