Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGR4?

• 13-08-2009 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody still plays this?

I've only got an xbox 4 months ago and been on and off with live,Just started playing PGR4 on line and to be honest I love it :)

First of all does anyone still play it here?I've seen two Irish people "TheMightyDonal" and someone else but nobody else,Also i seem to find more games with a UK flag?Am I just mad or does it work..

If you do play let me know your GT :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I've gotten back into PGR4 recently and found it hard enough to find people online playing!

kaimeraxbl is me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

kaimera wrote: »
    I've gotten back into PGR4 recently and found it hard enough to find people online playing!

kaimeraxbl is me

Cool I'll add you later,Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭mcmc

Just started playing it again too.

SureshoT4life if you want to add me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

i havent played it online in months cos it was nearly impossible to get a good game going. add me too GT is GRT brianplank :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'll throw it in once in a while, really hard to get a decent game going online.

• Advertisement

just a heads up, I more than likely will be this evening/tomorrow for XBL :)

Sorry i haven't added all of you yet,I'll be on tonight after 1v100(played on the live show first time last night was great,I'm gonna' add you all now but will be going offline again!)

Edit: LooniestCanine has just added you all,aka Me

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Cracking game, whatever people say about it PGR4 has one thing that no other racing has modelled properly. Standing water! It completely alters wet races and makes things very interesting. Not even the best PC sims has it (even GTR2 which has top notch physics)

Yeah I love that,Flooring it towards a corner and hit some snow/water brakes just don't work and you just aquaplane :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I play it online too ... you can add me

GBX i'll add you later,I've put my gamer card in my sig just incase anyone else want's to play and i'm not online to add them!:)

You can all see how useless i am :pac:

• Advertisement

Sorry all,I keep meaning to send a message to a few of you,We could maybe get a few of us in a race for an evening of whenever,But what with my last minute choice of going to Uni this year i've been abit all over the place,I only race if i'm downloading stuff and get invited by a friend..

If anyone want's to mention a day or a time,We can all reply saying if it's good,Also just seen on xbox.com a few of you are playing forza 2,Should have this tomorrow of wensday :)

I've been trying to join your session in progress teh last few days ricky and it keeps failing in pgr4

could be my router setup cos forza2 is telling me I cant even join a tournament due to an incompatible NAT type. *sighs*

i cant join either. the few times i tried it stops cos i dont have the downloaded content. in fact i couldnt play any of the games it found for that reason.

Have you downloaded the Challenge Pack?It's free?

The only servers I can't join are those which have payed for the download from Live which has soe new cars.

Ricky91t wrote: »

The only servers I can't join are those which have payed for the download from Live which has soe new cars.

i ever even bothered checking how much it was. :pac: must get it later.

ah that could be it.

I have the premium pack dlc.

Also tested Forza 2 today( thanks dazftw) and that works good online too..

I've got a few weeks free now as i've got college sorted so if anyone has any suggestions to a date or time,Would be good to get a few races it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I've been meaning to get back into this for a long time, so add me for a few easy wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I need to get back into this game. I loved it but sadly Fifa has a strong grasp :P

Also tested Forza 2 today( thanks dazftw) and that works good online too..

I've got a few weeks free now as i've got college sorted so if anyone has any suggestions to a date or time,Would be good to get a few races it :)
    count me out of forza :(

having issues getting my NAT type to 'open' on the smart thompson modem.

ports are fowarded and all but I still get restricted. ffs.

• Advertisement

kaimera wrote: »
    count me out of forza :(

having issues getting my NAT type to 'open' on the smart thompson modem.

ports are fowarded and all but I still get restricted. ffs.

Hmm,After racing last night in Forza with GRT brianplank I've now noticed how crap i am at forza,In the end i was pulling over to let them pass me :pac:

Might get abit more practice in :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

yeah still try to play a bit of PGR4, it was the reason I bought the 360.

Advertisement