Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TOM TOM 730 or 740

Options
  • 13-08-2009 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

I am trying to decide which sat nav to get. Does anyone know if the extra services that you get in the 740 are available in Ireland or should i go with the 730?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

Well I can't get the services on my 730 so I would assume you can't for 740. I like my 730 though although handsfree doesn't work with some of the newer phones. Support say they are looking into it !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Wait and see what the tom tom software/package on the iPhone will be like. Might make the iPhone more tempting if you dont already have one

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The iPhone is never going to give comparable GPS compared to a dedicated device.
    At the moment Live services are not available in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

pmsurveys wrote: »
    Well I can't get the services on my 730 so I would assume you can't for 740. I like my 730 though although handsfree doesn't work with some of the newer phones. [TomTom] Support say they are looking into it !!!!!

And from experience, that's about all they will be doing (feck all)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There are problems especially with E71. This is being addressed.
    What phone are you having problems with?
    What are the issues?

• Advertisement
Advertisement