Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email Problems

• 13-08-2009 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I keep on getting emails to my account whenever I leave a message in a thread and somebody replies. There was around 20 emails in my a/c. Is there anyway to stop this? I have tried for the last hour but couldn't figure it out. I tried going to settings and deleted my subscriptions but alas it failed. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's because you have auto subscribed to every thread you respond to.
    Go to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions and look for "Default Thread Subscription Mode".
    Choose "Do not Subscribe"

Go to http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription and remove subscriptions there too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

at the bottom of the email there is a link saying "to unsubscribe from this thread click here"

Click there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Tobyglen wrote: »
    Hey,

I keep on getting emails to my account whenever I leave a message in a thread and somebody replies. There was around 20 emails in my a/c. Is there anyway to stop this? I have tried for the last hour but couldn't figure it out. I tried going to settings and deleted my subscriptions but alas it failed. Cheers.

In your user CP, go to "edit options" and down the page you'll see there's one that controls the default thread subscribtion and whether or not you're auto-subscribed to a thread you reply to. Change it to "do not subscribe".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Tobyglen

Thanks lads, very helpful. I was on that part but choose no email notification. Thanks again.

Advertisement