Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One/Two week ECDL course in Dublin

Options
  • 13-08-2009 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I wondering does anyone know where it is possible to do a one/two week ECDL course in Dublin. I have three weeks off between work and college and want to get it down and out of the way. Im fairly computer literate just have to do an ECDL to qualify for the JEB furthur down the road.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I honestly would be very surprised if anywhere did the course in one or two weeks.

There are seven modules, each with a 2-hour exam (at least I think it is 2-hour). That doesn't give much time.

Have you considered just doing the exams? I read over some notes, practised a few things and just went and did the exams. Lowest score I got was 97% :D.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 583 ✭✭✭xp90

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I honestly would be very surprised if anywhere did the course in one or two weeks.

There are seven modules, each with a 2-hour exam (at least I think it is 2-hour). That doesn't give much time.

Have you considered just doing the exams? I read over some notes, practised a few things and just went and did the exams. Lowest score I got was 97% :D.

Spot on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Chris007

How do you go about doing the course yourself?

Chris007 wrote: »
    How do you go about doing the course yourself?

You can just get a book or two, do the exercises and book the exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Chris007

You can just get a book or two, do the exercises and book the exams.

I'm guessing its cheaper that way? I know a fair bit about computers anyway so i don't think I would really need to do a whole course. Any idea of how much it is to do the exams?

• Advertisement

Chris007 wrote: »
    Any idea of how much it is to do the exams?

No idea. It was a few years back that I did them. Have a look at the ECDL website and look up the test centres. They should be able to tell you.

Advertisement