Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you hate about boards?

Options
  • 13-08-2009 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

I hate that every thread with the word dublin in any post ends up being attacked by culchies, and vice versa.
    I hate the ladies lounge for reasons I won't go into.
    I hate that boards is addictive like crack.
    And finally, I hate that whenever a thread gets locked in AH it means bollocko* gets the last word in.

Go raibh maith agaibh as eisteacht liom, agus oíche mhaith agaibh go léir.

*Dr.Bollocko is my favourite mod though. Unless Uncle Terry is reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead hates the way he can't see his enemies crumble or hear their tears hit the ground every time he engages in word to word combat with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Pighead wrote: »
    Pighead hates the way he can't see his enemies crumble or hear their tears hit the ground every time he engages in word to word combat with them.

Adds pighead to the list...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ahara

genericguy wrote: »
    I hate that every thread with the word dublin in any post ends up being attacked by culchies, and vice versa.

Dublin is rubbish, yahoo for all us bogmen and our tractors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I hate that some idiots take jokes too far, in certain threads.

It's fine to have a black sense of humour, but I fail to see how rape is in any way funny or something to joke about.
    :mad::mad::mad:

Adds pighead to the list...
    No offence genericguy but the "list" as you call it is pretty shoddy. You hate girls, stuff thats addictive and also the fact that you don't get the last word in. You sound like Kevin from Kevin and Perry. Pighead bets you were stamping your feet whilst shouting "It's so unfair" whilst compiling your list.

Why don't t you like girls?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Nothing :mad:

It's fine to have a black sense of humour, but I fail to see how rape is in any way funny or something to joke about.
    Speaking of boobs, Pighead hates the way some chicks on boards go on as if their boobs are some sort of magical device that will rid the world of war and cure all known diseases. Sample quote "He he, I've got a pair of boobies"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I hate the way abigayle keeps changing her sig. Stupid Avril

Bring back blonde lady in strait-jacket with tanned legs!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i hate the way some posters get desperate when they get banned by setting up treads pleading to be let back, its sad.
    boards is a website, its not life

No offence genericguy but the "list" as you call it is pretty shoddy. You hate girls, stuff thats addictive and also the fact that you don't get the last word in. You sound like Kevin from Kevin and Perry. Pighead bets you were stamping your feet whilst shouting "It's so unfair" whilst compiling your list.

Why don't t you like girls?

well in that case, pighead might say I'm not hating on many things, and thus that boards is great. ALthough if we look back, I never said that I hated girls, ever. in fact genericgal is my hero. never said i hated addictive things, just said i hate that boards is addictive. never said i ever wanted the last word either, i think matt cooper does a fine job as it is.

And nope, i was reclined in a beautiful chair, watching mulholland drive, having treated myself to an early retreat from work whilst compiling my list.

That ok porky?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

I hate the way abigayle keeps changing her sig. Stupid Avril

Bring back blonde lady in strait-jacket with tanned legs!!!!

Absolutomento! I love that little minx :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

i hate the way some posters get desperate when they get banned by setting up treads pleading to be let back, its sad.
    boards is a website, its not life

Yeah I hate that too.....wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I hate threads " I was wondering down O'Connell St to Henry St looking for a certain shop"
    "Hey there, I know Limerick and can help you"
    " No you bogger, I was in town" Town being Dublin obviously on boards....
    "Well, excuse me :("

As for people in Co. Wicklow looking for help to get to "town", I'm going to assume Wicklow town unless you say otherwise.

yes but you must admit, pedo bear is cute though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Speaking of boobs, Pighead hates the way some chicks on boards go on as if their boobs are some sort of magical device that will rid the world of war and cure all known diseases. Sample quote "He he, I've got a pair of boobies"

To be honest, I'd say it's more men on Boards who consider boobs to be magical devices, than women.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

The Thanks system. Leads to smartarsey and annoyingness that would just be considered weird on other boards. I am guilty of it myself.

The "Yore Ma" thing. Can only assume it was funny for a brief period sometime before I got here, or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the constant attacks on our capital city and its beautiful inhabitants
    by the savages o' muck gets very tiresome

the constant attacks on our capital city and its beautiful inhabitants
    by the savages o' muck gets very tiresome

case in point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

They have to behave that way, or there would be gender confusion all over the shop. Us hearty males have to engage in similar behaviour, by boasting about our mighty testicles, or else we too shall be mistaken for the opposite sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

The way you know this thread has been done ten times before and still reply to it .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Trail_Blazer

How sometimes out of all the forums on here - I still can't find a topic I'd like to speak in.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I hate the amount of 'scumbag' threads

God forbid any of them foreigners are reading, because they'd be terrified at the thoughts of visiting the country

which is probably a plus for the people making the scumbag threads :rolleyes:

well in that case, pighead might say I'm not hating on many things, and thus that boards is great. ALthough if we look back, I never said that I hated girls, ever. in fact genericgal is my hero. never said i hated addictive things, just said i hate that boards is addictive. never said i ever wanted the last word either, i think matt cooper does a fine job as it is.

And nope, i was reclined in a beautiful chair, watching mulholland drive, having treated myself to an early retreat from work whilst compiling my list.

That ok porky?
    It certainly is not ok. Mulholland Drive is a load of old pretentious balderdash! People keep saying to Pighead "But you don't understand it Pighead. You just don't get the magnificence of Lynch. You need to watch the masturbation scene again to truly understand what the film represents" Load of twaddle, Pighead watched that scene seven times and he has still no idea why a good looking girl like Diane failed so miserably in life. It makes no sense, masturbation or no masturbation.

It certainly is not ok. Mulholland Drive is a load of old pretentious balderdash! People keep saying to Pighead "But you don't understand it Pighead. You just don't get the magnificence of Lynch. You need to watch the masturbation scene again to truly understand what the film represents" Load of twaddle, Pighead watched that scene seven times and he has still no idea why a good looking girl like Diane failed so miserably in life. It makes no sense, masturbation or no masturbation.

pighead is always ready, isn't he? pighead, believe it or not, is one of the things i abso-fcukin-lutely love about boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭barakus

dont hate anything bout boards its f'in great..but hate when people write teh instead of the...
    really f*ckin hate it in a long serious post when its done about twenty times.

And boyracer threads. Done to death already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

How you say "I'll just check boards for five minutes to see if there's anything interesting" and then an hour later you're still going from forum to forum even though there's been nothing interesting in all that time and you haven't even posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

mikemac wrote: »
    " No you bogger, I was in town" Town being Dublin obviously on boards....
    "town" is not just slang for dublin city centre on boards, or just amongst people in dublin. I have heard it used as slang for dublin city centre from plenty of
    non-dubliners.

I hate the feigned ignorance about the term, when it is blatantly obvious what they mean.

"which town do you mean?"
    "what town are you talking about?"

-Old Durham Town, what the F**K do you think they mean you gobsh!te, stop wasting your and their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

I hate that Boards is controlled by blood-drinking, shape-shifting reptilian humanoids from the star system Alpha Draconis called "mods", who are the force behind a worldwide conspiracy directed at humanity. They maintain their control through the generation of fear and negative emotion, which is food to these entities, by manufacturing conflicts, primarily wars. :(

And that whenever I bring it up people look at me like I'm the crazy one :mad:

MikeC101 wrote: »
    I hate that Boards is controlled by blood-drinking, shape-shifting reptilian humanoids from the star system Alpha Draconis called "mods", who are the force behind a worldwide conspiracy directed at humanity. They maintain their control through the generation of fear and negative emotion, which is food to these entities, by manufacturing conflicts, primarily wars. :(

And that whenever I bring it up people look at me like I'm the crazy one :mad:

David Icke got you too???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

People who are new to the internet.

Advertisement