Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you hate about boards?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

genericguy wrote: »
    David Icke got you too???

Don't compare me to David Icke, he's crazy, he used to be a spokesman for the Green Party for crying out loud!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

People saying fail, or using lolcats.

People butting into feedback threads to pontificate about forums they don't frequent.

People using the phrase coke and hookers.

Any discussion about being a moderator or mod duties in an arch, shop-talk way. Especially with other mods on-thread.

People saying Teh instead of The.

People with computer specs in their signatures.

RIP-merchants.

People who say I for one.......overlords.

People who even think about saying I for one.....overlords.

People who say I for one....overlords in a fashion to ironically comment on those who say I for one....overlords.

Hoary old boards 'characters' that only have to fart on-thread to induce a blizzard of thanks and +1s.

Culchies moaning about Dublin-centric threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

MikeC101 wrote: »
    Don't compare me to David Icke, he's crazy, he used to be a spokesman for the Green Party for crying out loud!!

mike, that's not why david icke is regarded as crazy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

i hate the fact that the moderators have power i think it should be the other way around,

yes,

give me the power

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

MikeC101 wrote: »
    I hate that Boards is controlled by blood-drinking, shape-shifting reptilian humanoids from the star system Alpha Draconis called "mods", who are the force behind a worldwide conspiracy directed at humanity.
    Do they work in conjunction with the saucer people?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Pighead wrote: »
    It certainly is not ok. Mulholland Drive is a load of old pretentious balderdash! People keep saying to Pighead "But you don't understand it Pighead. You just don't get the magnificence of Lynch. You need to watch the masturbation scene again to truly understand what the film represents" Load of twaddle, Pighead watched that scene seven times and he has still no idea why a good looking girl like Diane failed so miserably in life. It makes no sense, masturbation or no masturbation.

What? Mulholland Drive is fantastic. You just don't get the magnificence of Lynch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

stovelid wrote: »
    People saying fail, or using lolcats.

People butting into feedback threads to pontificate about forums they don't frequent.

People using the phrase coke and hookers.

Any discussion about being a moderator or mod duties in an arch, shop-talk way. Especially with other mods on-thread.

People with computer specs in their signatures.

RIP-merchants.

People who say I for one.......overlords.

People who even think about saying I for one.....overlords.

People who say I for one....overlords in a fashion to ironically comment on those who say I for one....overlords.

Hoary old boards 'characters' that only have to fart on-thread to induce a blizzard of thanks and +1s.

Culchies moaning about Dublin-centric threads.

I... think I love you

genericguy wrote: »
    mike, that's not why david icke is regarded as crazy...

Are you sure?

It's obviously not because of his work on the Brotherhood, the Illuminati, the Global Elite, his belief that The Protocols of the Elders of Zion are real,
    the extraterrestrial Prison Warders, the Luciferic Consciousness or the reptiles with the hybrid reptilian-human DNA that allows them to change from reptilian to human form if they consume human blood...those are all reasonable things that any reasonable person can see are true.

So what is it??

Does he put his socks on AFTER his pants, or something equally heinous?

phasers wrote: »
    Do they work in conjunction with the saucer people?

Pffft....saucer people! They have no real power. Obviously the saucer people work for the lizard people, for minimum wage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

What? Mulholland Drive is fantastic. You just don't get the magnificence of Lynch.

Mulholland drive was fantastic if all you wanted to see was Naomi Watts lez out and flick her bean.. which i did and thoroughly enjoyed ;)

• Advertisement

I... think I love you

Paypal?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

barakus wrote: »
    but hate when people write teh instead of the...
    You do realise that is just a typo right? one of the most common, I actually did it writing this! but have firefox highlights it. Or did you think people do it on purpose? Because it sounds like you do.

EDIT: I see it is some sort of slang, I expect/hope 95%+ of people spelling it like that are typos though...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Paypal?

Nah, I only accept cigarettes.

rubadub wrote: »
    You do realise that is just a typo right? one of the most common, I actually did it writing this! but have firefox highlights it. Or did you think people do it on purpose? Because it sounds like you do.

EDIT: I see it is some sort of slang, I expect/hope 95%+ of people spelling it like that are typos though...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teh

I'm guessing that it evolved as a typo, but it's definitely used intentionally sometimes, although usage seems to be fading away these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ??

I hate that some idiots take jokes too far, in certain threads.

It's fine to have a black sense of humour, but I fail to see how rape is in any way funny or something to joke about.
    :mad::mad::mad:

It is not funny or something to joke about but do remember one person enjoys it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

?? wrote: »
    It is not funny or something to joke about but do remember one person enjoys it.

:rolleyes:

Ugh.

:rolleyes:

Ugh.

I could have done the 9/10 people enjoy gang rape gag :)

Relax, you will live longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭procure11

I wont really classify this as hate but more like frustration...

The fact that I cant see who I am discussing or arguing with...
    so essentially ...

>some gorrila looking fella could start a post on AH about how he/she hates ugly people.

> How easy it is for a midget sized dikc eejit to go on the personal issues forum and ask for advise on how large his phallus is and apparently cannot fit into his missus.

>And most confusing of all...how people really do stay awake all night ...( night after night ) posting away...shocking.

But I suppose these and other ridiculous things makes it the most popular site in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

?? wrote: »
    I could have done the 9/10 people enjoy gang rape gag :)

Relax, you will live longer.

I do relax!

I'm sorry, but even with the best intentions, I don't find jokes like that funny.
    I don't find a person being violated and attacked amusing. Perhaps some people do, that's their business. Personally, I think it's disgusting and offensive. That's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

-Religous threads, epecially on after hours where all the atheists seem to convulge, because then I feel like it's just going to turn into an ongoing war between Atheists and Religous foke.

-Not being allowed to use bad language on here. I think this rule should be eased up a little where you can use bad lanauage but not a lot of it, like if you say one or two bad words in a comment it shouldn't be held against you but if you're constantly using them then the rule should be applied.

-When serious threads are made and people decide to take the p!ss- Like one of the other posters said i think it's ok to have a dark sense of humour, but not with things like suicide and rape like some people do.

• Advertisement

I do relax!

I'm sorry, but even with the best intentions, I don't find jokes like that funny.
    I don't find a person being violated and attacked amusing. Perhaps some people do, that's their business. Personally, I think it's disgusting and offensive. That's just me.

No probs :)

Pighead wrote: »
    Speaking of boobs, Pighead hates the way some chicks on boards go on as if their boobs are some sort of magical device that will rid the world of war and cure all known diseases. Sample quote "He he, I've got a pair of boobies"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Paypal?

more like Gaypal....AM I RIGHT????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

people who arnt up for a buzzer or a bit of an aul hehehehahahahohoho from time to time (constantly):P:P:P

jebuz wrote: »
    more like Gaypal....AM I RIGHT????

Suffice to say,it's amirite
    And furthermore, it's still quite shite

END

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Suffice to say,it's amirite
    And furthermore, it's still quite shite

END

I think I hate you...yes I do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

people who arnt up for a buzzer or a bit of an aul hehehehahahahohoho from time to time (constantly):P:P:P

Nowadays this is the main thing I dislike on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

mods are too strict....this isnt russia fellas chill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

The complete lack of boards on boards.

people who arnt up for a buzzer or a bit of an aul hehehehahahahohoho from time to time (constantly)
    Nowadays this is the main thing I dislike on boards.

Indecipherable, unpunctuated, unclear posts?

I'm actually unsure as to what he's on about.

People who aren't up for a laugh sometimes...all the time...a buzzer...erm...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

I hate some of the judgemental bast0rds that hide behind a f*kn keyboard that wouldnt say boo if you met them at a beers:mad:

also the spelling nazis!

Advertisement