Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mate did something stupid

Options
  • 13-08-2009 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

My mate "overoiled" his T8 i.e. he poured oil into it. You'd want to see it being fired through and the smell......

He's onto me as to how to get the oil out. My response was to keep shooting. Any ideas anyone??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Petrol - careful of fumes though :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

keep her lit,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

was it oil or petrol he poured into it ?

the problem is that moderators are under pressure and oil under pressure can ignite , thats how a diesel engine works after all , and years ago one of the british tabloid rags had a usual shock horror article about air guns , they discovered that if oil, petrol or some solvents were poured into the air-port that the gun would ignite them and have far more power than a normal airgun , of course what they didn't tell you was the gun would be knackered after not many shots .

get him to just clean it out and problem solved .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

You could also use some detergent, the type they use on motor oil spills, or you could use meths/paint thinner, both less volatile than petrol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Hairy Hunter

I'd use a can of brake cleaner, take it off and give it a good dousing,it will wash all oils out, let the solvent evaporate, put a light film of grease on the thread, and Bobs your uncle, Fannys your aunt:D

HH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Thanks lads, Its not too bad now, JW he kept her lit alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Ethanol or alcahol will flush it out, then evapourate, leaving the mod safe to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I'd use a can of brake cleaner, take it off and give it a good dousing,it will wash all oils out, let the solvent evaporate, put a light film of grease on the thread, and Bobs your uncle, Fannys your aunt:D

HH

And if Aunt Fanny had balls she'd be your uncle BOB :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

i did that with wd40 a while ago,the first couple of rounds looked like i was firing a musket but as you fire more rounds through it it fizzles out,as the smoke gets less and less the rounds will have a vapour trail lookalike

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

.243 wrote: »
    i did that with wd40 a while ago,the first couple of rounds looked like i was firing a musket but as you fire more rounds through it it fizzles out,as the smoke gets less and less the rounds will have a vapour trail lookalike

Aren't tracer rounds restricted? Even homemade ones?;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement