Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teeth

Options
  • 13-08-2009 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just wondering about teeth. gunnar seems to on his bottom teeth have two coming out behind the baby ones already there? Any ideas? Normal or not? I'm assuming not

He also seems to have a slight bit of decay on his bottom teeth?? I'm wondering if the raw hide bones are damagine his teeth. We give him one a week and it lasts him the whole week.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Is it decay or tartar?

what age is Gunnar again?
    My pup Daisy started losing her teeth round 5months old, she's 7months now and I think she's lost em all (has her grown up gnashers). Odd if the new ones are coming up with the baby ones still there I'd have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

Thanks Starpants,

He's just about 14 weeks now. But I think he's lost two front teeth already (well I'm presuming as I looked and there not there :D)
    It's black and a little worn so I think decay. I'm going to take another look in the morning just to make sure it's not a bit of food or muck but I don't think it is.

I'm probably going to being him to the vet tomorow evening for peace of mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Yeah I freaked out when I looked at Daisy one morning and her two bottom teeth were at right angles to the rest! As i opened her mouth and touched one came away. So i looked up about pups losing teeth as i didn't really know. Seems they fall out without you noticing half the time but hadn't seen them still being there when adult teeth come up as they do come up fast. Could just be they're a little reluctant to fall out. But ask your vet just to be safe, i'd be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MoonDancer256

Are you brushing his teeth? If you haven't started, it's worth doing soon while he's young enough to get used to it. My puppy Rhubarb loves doggy toothpaste ;)

I wouldn't worry about the baby teeth still being there with the adult teeth coming through; its happened to previous dogs of mine and never been a problem.

Advertisement