Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Nervous

Options
  • 13-08-2009 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

with cao offers coming out on monday, is anyone nervous?

tbh i am quite nervous.i got 400 points but i'm afraid that i might just miss out on my first choice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

reallly nervous(thats why im on boards all the time:D)
    i got above what i expected but now im soo worried i wont get one of my first two choices, didnt expect to get the points for my first choice so now its going to be a real disapointment if i dont get it:o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

Not too much but kind of.
    I was worried that I would get 395; making me 20 off my course. But I got 420, 5 more than what I needed. And since there wasn't an Asterix saying "not all with this amount of points got the course", I'm relatively certain I'll get my choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I wasn't nervous about the results at'all, but I am for Monday.

I really want/ NEED/ Must have medicine.
    What with the new entry system I dunno if I'll get it.

Fingers firmly crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm cutting it very close with my points, so I'm definitely nervous.

Also I just realised that I DO NOT want my third choice and my first two require identical points so gaaah

bythewoods wrote: »
    I wasn't nervous about the results at'all, but I am for Monday.

I really want/ NEED/ Must have medicine.
    What with the new entry system I dunno if I'll get it.

Fingers firmly crossed.
    good luck with it:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

Yea I am!
    I applied for a new course in trinity and I've no idea how much points it'll be....hopefully 445 will get me in! Got my A in maths which is one large obsticle out of the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

not really nervous - want to do accounting in DCU, and my points are 25 more than the cutoff last year so i should be fine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

phasers wrote: »
    I'm cutting it very close with my points, so I'm definitely nervous.

Also I just realised that I DO NOT want my third choice and my first two require identical points so gaaah

Same, I'm cutting it fine, missed out on my first choice but I really want my second one anyway. Absolutely do not want to go to UCD which is third.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I'm a bit uneasy, I dont think I can be properly happy about results until offers come out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

with cao offers coming out on monday, is anyone nervous?

tbh i am quite nervous.i got 400 points but i'm afraid that i might just miss out on my first choice

I don't mean to be rude mate, rather the opposite.

There's people i know that mightn't get their 1st,2nd,3rd or 4th choice so count yourself lucky:D.

You never know btw. You could scrape your first choice, and even if you don't you still have a course to fall back on that you obviously want to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

It's weird, I'm quite confident I'll get my first but I can't help being nervous, is it just me? I've a feeling they'll loose my application or something stupid and I'll lose out.

I can't wait till this is all over and done with, good luck to everyone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

hey guys,

1. relax, you need a coffee/tea/cigarette
    2. did the cao thing twice. and i know its scary but these things have a way of working themselves out
    3. dont forget to pop to the college board of where ever you choose to go, i imagine the people will be friendly...

Peace & Grá & Luckx

Sparklesxxxxxxxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Crap, I was grand until a boardsie pm"ed" me there asking if I knew something about the entry requirements, and well I think I'm a grade off getting my first choice. Worded very very bad in their prospectus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Im desperate to get any offer this year,i dont think i can face repeating even though ive already got my name down for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I'm petrified waiting for it but that's more cos it's my second time round and if I don't get an offer I just cannot face continued unemployment.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

celtic723 wrote: »
    There's people i know that mightn't get their 1st,2nd,3rd or 4th choice so count yourself lucky:D.
    One of my freinds doesn't have enough points for any of the 10 courses on his CAO.He's 5 points short of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

I got well over my first choice, but I know a guy that doubts he will get anything. He failed English so that rules out 9 of his tops choices, and the last he got the exact points it was last year, didn't put down any level 6/7 either. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Mr.Helpful

I am as happy as a pig in shiote. My 1st choice (L6/L7)was 290 last year got 370 so you do the math there!! My 1st choice on L8 was arts so I should get that! Anyways I am going enjoy the weekend and get my offers on Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

i missed my course by 10 points....defo nervous really dont want my next choice. anyone have any point predictions? what things might rise/fall?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

tazbars wrote: »
    i missed my course by 10 points....defo nervous really dont want my next choice. anyone have any point predictions? what things might rise/fall?

how do you know you missed it? you never know what the points will be.
    fingers crossed:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

agh the subject with the lowest required points on my cao is 290 but it involves a B in maths,which i missed out on. The second lowest, and also my 2nd preference is 315. i got 310 in my LC....if i miss that course by 5 points i will b so dissapointed in myself. i studied so hard. i know 310 may seem very miniscule to many of you clever clogs on here, with your 400s and such lol, but i worked really hard to get even that. Im proud as punch that i did make it past the 300 mark, but if i miss that course due to a measly five points...oh how i will cry!
    I have a PLC lined up(interviews in september, giving me time to see if i got the level 8 by the skin of my teeth!) but if I got into University...I would be so delighted...The tension is killin me!bring on the offers(or the lack thereof)!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I didn't get my first SIX choices last year, and didnt want my 7th.
    And I had 550 points.
    Now THAT sucked.

Feeling incredibly meh today. I have a feleing I didn't get Med. So there's 1-5 gone. And don't know about Human Health and Disease. Possible bye bye 6.

Might end up on my 7th again. At least I know I'll get Pharmacy as a back up :)

I wouldn't say I'm nervous, I'd say I'm anxious.

I'm fairly confident (99% sure) that I'll get offered my number one choice, and if not I'm absolutely certain I'll get offered my second choice. And, to be honest, the two aren't too dissimilar, so it doesn't really matter either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I'm fairly confident, but I want to get it over with!!

My main dilemma is, whether I'll be able to accept an offer before work (Starts at 6:30) or will I have to find out what the points were via the Irish Times (Lots of copies in work).

But if it goes to Random Selection (If the points are 435 on the dot) I will not be able to concentrate the entire day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Elli-May

getting kinda nervous now. Have business and law in trinity as my number one and got 565 but coz its new i've no idea what the points will be like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭logic123

think yourselves lucky cause of some cock up this year the A level results were delayed which puts us fellows at a slightunfair andvantage so i need to ask if the CAO can tommorow get my grades from my exam boards so i dont miss out on round one, i better not tbh otherwise i will be taking matters very seriously. im not missing out on a potential place casue of A level cock up

logic123 wrote: »
    think yourselves lucky cause of some cock up this year the A level results were delayed which puts us fellows at a slightunfair andvantage so i need to ask if the CAO can tommorow get my grades from my exam boards so i dont miss out on round one, i better not tbh otherwise i will be taking matters very seriously. im not missing out on a potential place casue of A level cock up
    what happened? thats crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭logic123

theres been a week delay on our A level results in UK and northenr ireland which means all that applied this yer to the CAO are ad a huge disadvantage, our results arnt released till thrusday, so im gonns have to pleaed wit hthe CAO and my exam boards tommorow that they send my grades across tommrow, i dont want to miss the ffirst round, Got alot of fightning on the phone tommorow to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

just to let everyone know that theres a thing on the cao website for courses that still have available spaces. you can do them as long as you have the entry requirements.

so if you get a course you dont want to do, theres still a few more to pick from before you repeat/be a bum ;)

http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=vpl_enter

the list will be up on the 18th at 12 pm.

• Advertisement

logic123 wrote: »
    theres been a week delay on our A level results in UK and northenr ireland which means all that applied this yer to the CAO are ad a huge disadvantage, our results arnt released till thrusday, so im gonns have to pleaed wit hthe CAO and my exam boards tommorow that they send my grades across tommrow, i dont want to miss the ffirst round, Got alot of fightning on the phone tommorow to do
    but dont the cao already have the offers ready to go for the morning?
    i dont think they would leave you without a place considering what happened is beyond your control, im sure they have something in place to accomodate A level students

Advertisement