Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cpu multiplied on ebay?? 12ghz??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Link to the offending processors?

The Seller is listing them to fool Computarded consumers. I wouldnt buy anything from one of those Sellers on principle.

He lists the RAM wrong on that item: should be 4096MB

it looks nice. the price i dont know anything about.

If its for Gaming primary, youre better off building. This kinda gimmicky mediacenter shyte is going to burn you. My laptop is a media center when I plug it into the TV - look ma, Media Remote. Any PC + Remote = Media Center.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Overheal wrote: »

The Seller is listing them to fool Computarded consumers. I wouldnt buy anything from one of those Sellers on principle.

He lists the RAM wrong on that item: should be 4096MB

it looks nice. the price i dont know anything about.

If its for Gaming primary, youre better off building. This kinda gimmicky mediacenter shyte is going to burn you. My laptop is a media center when I plug it into the TV - look ma, Media Remote. Any PC + Remote = Media Center.

I have to +1 that one! I ahte ebayers that have 12Ghz advertised. It's makes no bloody sense you retards! Argh!
    And i don't think the above is worth 700...bought a better spec'd Dell for about 600 recently, granted overclocking on a Dell is a no no, but still.

I have to +1 that one! I ahte ebayers that have 12Ghz advertised.
    And he coined the new saying, "4 ponies don't make a rocket."

-Overheal

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

And he coined the new saying, "4 ponies don't make a rocket."

-Overheal

LOL. I seem to remember a post I think by you about four horses together not doing 60 mph, or something to that effect. Do I have I the correct person?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mac 79

after looking at the media center again a bit better this time it's a bit messed up aswell, it has a 3,400 MHz cpu which seems to be an Intel Core2Quad Q6600 2.4ghz. i was thinking of min bid e399 or a bit more but deffinitely not the 700, ebay is looking more and more dodgy for pc's you need to check every little detail.
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/CORONA-Q9650-QUAD-CORE-1TB-4GB-RAM-9600GT-1GB-GFX_W0QQitemZ250482961350QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_DesktopPCs?hash=item3a51f2abc6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
    it also lists as 12hz and 12mhz

• Advertisement

marco_polo wrote: »
    LOL. I seem to remember a post I think by you about four horses together not doing 60 mph, or something to that effect. Do I have I the correct person?
    You do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

you should post again looking for advice on the building and upgrading part of the tech boards...

Say what games you want to play and the resolution of the screen you're gonna be playing on them.

Any editing software should also be mentioned..

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mac 79

will do
    thanks

Advertisement