Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The truth about vegetarians...

Options
  • 13-08-2009 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Just out of curiosity how many of us are ginger science geeks? :confused:

I'm a nutritional scientist (well nearly will have my degree next yr)

Which are you? 29 votes

I'm ginger
    0%
    I'm a science nerd
    3%
    maameeo 1 vote
    I'm a ginger science nerd
    68%
    charlierootTar.Aldarioncocoasweet-rasmusPjayssmellslikeshoesI-like-eggs,mmmemollettraah!ZwillingeStudentCsmegmarAoifumsLinguoErickaFuglyMiss LockhartXandriusRussellTuringchicken fingers 20 votes
    None of the above
    27%
    entropihamsterboy[Deleted User]AssaultedPeanutrhapsody!Sapsorrowkarlogsnooleen 8 votes

Comments

None of the above
    Bhahahahaha!

Ich bin ein Engineer. Scientists are our sworn mortal enemies along with grammar. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

None of the above
    Was a big trekkie/sci fi fan...played online games for 8yrs, know guys who play tabletop warhammer and love to watch programmes regarding chemistry and science (mythbusters counts here too)...so yeah i guess science nerd:D

Oh yeah i am of the redheaded persuasion;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Truth about people on the internet more like :pac: tho I am neither so...:confused:

edit: omg I'm surrounded!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

BEWARE: some people may find this disturbing!!!
    brunette ;) and was in the lab at 8am this morning to run a TG on my sample of gold/titania before the others could get in and hog the machine :D
    The bus at 7.30am is something I haven't seen in a very long time! uughghhhhh

he he he!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I'm naturally a brunette, but it's currently highlighted blonde - hoping to get an all over auburn colour next week, so I guess I sorta will be ginger then.

I teach science.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

None of the above
    I teach science.

Brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

spot on with the thread khrystyna! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

None of the above
    I'm not saying we are taking over...but i've said too much already!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I used to be auburn (no that's not a fancy word for ginger!) but I've been shaving my head for so long now I'm sure it's mostly gray. The stubble certainly hints at mostly gray!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah never heard a ginger person say their hair was auburn before. ;)

I am an electronic & computer engineer, love physics(MMMMM), chemistry(Buckminsterfullerene!) and biology(lesbian sister of maths). Each are used in my course and possible jobs.

I have brown hair and a soul, thank you very much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

I chose science nerd, but really just the nerd part... Electronic Eng =D

Interesting poll results, it seems that although ginger is not a pre-requisite for being a science nerd, it is impossible to be a ginger and not a science nerd...

None of the above
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    Bhahahahaha!

Ich bin ein Engineer. :D
    I am an electronic & computer engineer,
    cocoa wrote: »
    I chose science nerd, but really just the nerd part... Electronic Eng =D

Ya yer still all nerds we're not so different ye engineers n us really

None of the above
    Interesting poll results, it seems that although ginger is not a pre-requisite for being a science nerd, it is impossible to be a ginger and not a science nerd...

Excellent observation there you sure you're not a scientist? You should work in epidemiology!

None of the above
    love physics(MMMMM), chemistry(Buckminsterfullerene!) and biology(lesbian sister of maths)

:eek: Ok I can totally understand the biology bit but surely you don't "love" the likes of organic chem or the horrible mathsy physics stuff! That's just a bit wierd.... :pac:

:eek: Ok I can totally understand the biology bit but surely you don't "love" the likes of organic chem or the horrible mathsy physics stuff! That's just a bit wierd.... :pac:

Mathsy physics is the best kind! Applied maths (codename : engineering) is better though =D

None of the above
    Mathsy physics is the best kind! Applied maths (codename : engineering) is better though =D

Thems fightin words!

Thems fightin words!

*brandishes log tables threateningly* =P

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

None of the above
    That's really really really really really weird.

I'm a Red-Head (our preferred nomenclature, thank you v.much;))

...and I've a degree in the Food Science area. Bio-Tech, entomology & parasitology give me shivers.....the good kind:pac:

None of the above
    *brandishes log tables threateningly* =P
    Ooh what ya gonna do logarithm me to death is it? *whips out casio scientific calculator from back pocket and takes aim..*

Ooh what ya gonna do logarithm me to death is it? *whips out casio scientific calculator from back pocket and takes aim..*

When did casio start fitting lasers to their calculators? I'm sure that must be against examination regulations... And why do you have a calculator if you don't like the mathsy stuff, eh?

*uses log tables to extrapolate from quantum theory and disappear*

• Advertisement

None of the above
    When did casio start fitting lasers to their calculators? I'm sure that must be against examination regulations... And why do you have a calculator if you don't like the mathsy stuff, eh?

*uses log tables to extrapolate from quantum theory and disappear*

Touche! :D Can't believe that thing from quantum leap was just a log table book with christmas lights taped on this whole time! Who woulda thunk it!

Actually wait a minute algebra doesn't count does it?

Touche! :D Can't believe that thing from quantum leap was just a log table book with christmas lights taped on this whole time! Who woulda thunk it!

Actually wait a minute algebra doesn't count does it?

=D I'm not sure, most things break down to just algebra in the end tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I'm brunette, not in to science really at all although I did start a college course on it only to drop out... taking French and Geoghraphy now. Not really in to trekkie stuff either.

Guess I'm the exception.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I do love them but I keep it quiet haha. I love the maths side of physics, ie mathematical physics, awesome subject. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I'm brunette, not in to science really at all although I did start a college course on it only to drop out... taking French and Geoghraphy now. Not really in to trekkie stuff either.

Guess I'm the exception.

No, no you're not! I'm here too, quick lets unite against the nerdery and gingerness lest they attack (and they WILL attack)
    and biology(lesbian sister of maths).

Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

No, no you're not! I'm here too, quick lets unite against the nerdery and gingerness lest they attack (and they WILL attack)

Ready? ATTTTTACCCCKKK!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Just out of curiosity how many of us are ginger science geeks? :confused:

I'm a nutritional scientist (well nearly will have my degree next yr)
    I was once told that the title 'nutritionist' isnt a protected entity. Therefore im one too.

I stand to be corrected though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Hippie artist comic type person here I'm afraid.

My hair has been ginger as well as several other colours at the same time at one point.
    I was once told that the title 'nutritionist' isnt a protected entity. Therefore im one too.

I stand to be corrected though

The term 'dietitian' is protected, the term "nutritionist" is not a legally protected term in the UK don't know about here. That's how the nut job Gillian McKeith can go around claiming to be a nutritionist.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

None and 4 year vegetarian :D

• Advertisement

woop new person :D

Advertisement