Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The truth about vegetarians...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jenny2hat

You say that but you're really thinking ..
    *fresh blood*
    :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm a ginger science nerd
    As I understand it we are only allowed eat veggies ;)

Oh right...
    Just eh...forgot for a sec...:p

Ones of my friends told me before that vegetarianism is just an excuse for an eating disorder...
    I got really annoyed lol.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

jenny2hat wrote: »
    Oh right...
    Just eh...forgot for a sec...:p
    By veggies I meant vegetarians. :p
    Ones of my friends told me before that vegetarianism is just an excuse for an eating disorder...
    I got really annoyed lol.
    slap them, it's our way :)

By veggies I meant vegetarians. :p

slap them, it's our way :)

Awesome (:

And I did, repeatedly in the face :D

• Advertisement

hehe

I see there are a few new poeple that don't post in the poll, lurkers!

Post you lurkers!!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

yes, see, it's not so bad! jenny managed it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭DonnieScribbles

I'm brunette and not a science nerd. I know a lot about video codecs though, which is kind of nerdy...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

I'm a science nerd
    us gingers are taking over, look out we eat souls!!! iv eaten Tar's already, thats why he acts so weird ;)

cool poll!

shud i have ticked the science/ginger one, i do love star trek and all things sci fi! lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

maameeo wrote: »
    us gingers are taking over, look out we eat souls!!! iv eaten Tar's already, thats why he acts so weird ;)

cool poll!

shud i have ticked the science/ginger one, i do love star trek and all things sci fi! lol

drat, you've broken my theory now...

I'm a science nerd
    whats that now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

whats that now?

that you can't be ginger and not a science nerd, it was going so well...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

I'm not ginger but I am a nerd, I'm even thinking about cracking some beers and doing some maths :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Brunette, but not a nerd. Though I do like maths and physics stuff... and I hope to do engineering in university. Hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I knew this place was crawling with gingers :P

I am a brunette and a nerd. And I do science :)

more new popele yay!

cool poll!

I know why I fouind those red hiars on my stuff now, voodoo! gimme back my soul!

I'm a science nerd
    more new popele yay!

I know why I fouind those red hiars on my stuff now, voodoo! gimme back my soul!

its too late for u now, the gingers are taking over :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

This thread was a very good read!

I too know the joys of teh sciences. I can't name one which I didn't enjoy whilst studying it, I'm doing T.physics now and I miss chemistry and biology alot...

All the same I think I'm really cool and not a nerd :D. My hair is black or brown depending on othe sun.. thank goodness!

Thast was one of my course xhoixes on the cao along with other similarly titled nerdy things and some less som like law. Oh I could have had such a fun time theoretically physicing, now all i have left is my soulless husk.

I see there is a '1' in the pole in denial ;)

• Advertisement

Amazing double x for c there. But no need to bring your husk into this :D. Your husk is just fine.

Damn penis fingers, but I do like my new word xhoixes, quite a bit actually.

Yes, rolls right of the tongue, xhoixes. :D

new css name, oh ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

im veggie, dark brown hair, not sciencey....but i really regret not doing a science degree!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

None of the above
    I was once told that the title 'nutritionist' isnt a protected entity. Therefore im one too.

I stand to be corrected though

No it's not at the mooment but it won't be long till new legislation is brought in. If you dont have a recognised qualification or aren't eligable for registration as a member of the british nutrition society you wouldn't have much hope of getting any work in a company or college though yer only option would be working as a private consultant for people who might not realise that you weren't really qualified which is highly imoral in my opinion anyway when it's peoples health you're affecting.
    My course has been running for 6 or so yrs as far as I know and it's only this year that they've managed to raise the standard high enough for us to be able to register with the BNS and ours is a 4 year bachelors in science!
    Also it varies from country to country in the US I think there isn't really a distinction between a nutritionist and a dietician.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Currently not a ginger (though have been for quite a few years), in love with a ginger, very much nerdy, have science degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

raah! wrote: »
    I too know the joys of teh sciences. I can't name one which I didn't enjoy whilst studying it, I'm doing T.physics now and I miss chemistry and biology alot...

That'll be one of my choices on my CAO next year ^^ (I'm 18. Doing my leaving next June...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

None of the above
    I'm ginger and somewhat nerdy xD Been designing websites since I was nine... collected bugs in jars as a kid.. I love chess and RPGs... :o

Pfft And they said Gingers would be extinct soon!
    We sure proved them wrong :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

None of the above
    Damn penis fingers
    Do you still call them that when licking chocolate from them?:pac:

You should copyright that word you invented btw, could be used at some point ya never know:P

Advertisement