Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop/petrol station in Lissarda. Opinions?

Options
  • 13-08-2009 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here know and preferably regularly visit the shop in Lissarda and if so, what do ye think of it?

I've lost count of the times that I've just left what I've been carrying down and walking out of the shop having stoood in a long queue for ages. The staff there are a disaster.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭hurler007

I stop off there fairly regularly. I do see where you are coming from but I think it's down to the amount of cars stopping off there.

It's one of two filling stations on the cork to macroom road. I do think the shop itself is too small for the vast amount of people stopping off there but I dont think its the staff's problem more a planning out of the shop itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

I'm local to the area and so use it quite a bit, much as I'd rather not. Yeah, there are a lot of cars stopping off there but the staff certainly don't help the situation. Half of them are very slow behind the till. What gets me is when there'a long queue after forming and they press this buzzer thing to call for help and next thing 2 or 3 people come out of the staff room at the back, jaws still chewing. Why can't they take their breaks one at a time and those who aren't on break just stay behind the till. Maddens me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭*Derek*

I'm also local to the area. Staff aren't the best but the shop is crazy busy. There is always a queue in there whatever time of the day. What annoys me is you could be waiting at pumps for while because they must press a button to turn it on before using it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

From Macroom myself and I never stop in Lissarda, because I'm always going to or from work in Cork. I don't stop because it's usually quite hard to get back out on to the road with the busy traffic that's always along that stretch.

The few times which I have stopped there there has always been a queue.

I'd recommend stopping at Glenview Motors (Topaz) on the Killarney side of Macroom. Though, I don't like going in there much because one time my bill came to €5.01 and the girl on the till charged me for the €0.01!! Wasn't impressed...

Most of the time I get my petrol in Ballincollig.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

As far as I remember, the price of petrol is fairly competitve and it probably beats stopping in Macroom where people fear being delayed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

i love there ice cream-cones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Have stopped there a few times and agree that the staff don't rush themselves. Then again they are dealing with a very large volume of people. I do find the staff very polite and the store well stocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 canirun09

My sister was once accused of not paying for her petrol here so therefore I avoid it like the plague!!!! It was later proven she did pay and she didnt even get an apology!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

i love there ice cream-cones.

The cone machine should be fcuked out the door. Nothing worse than waiting in a long queue while the person on the till dawdles their way through the customers only to have the person in front ask for 3 ninety-bloody-nines. Infuriating.

The cone machine should be fcuked out the door. Nothing worse than waiting in a long queue while the person on the till dawdles their way through the customers only to have the person in front ask for 3 ninety-bloody-nines. Infuriating.

Easy tiger :) Everyone loves cones :D

I think they should install an outside hatch where you can just pay for petrol/diesel, that way people who just want petrol/diesel can get in and out much faster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

The staff are slow and lazy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Got petrol there last night. Got 10 euro cash back on my laser. But i was asked to sign for the cashback? Thats new to me! Never seen that done anywhere before.

The shop is very well stocked, i never been there during really busy periods so i can't comment on the staff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

that made me lol with the fcuked out the door

grenache wrote: »
    Got petrol there last night. Got 10 euro cash back on my laser. But i was asked to sign for the cashback? Thats new to me! Never seen that done anywhere before.

Really? Most places ask you to sign the receipt for cash back, I know all the supermarkets do anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Really? Most places ask you to sign the receipt for cash back, I know all the supermarkets do anyway.

No they don't, these days you should just have to enter your PIN #.

dh0661 wrote: »
    No they don't, these days you should just have to enter your PIN #.

Yes they do :) Down this way, in every Dunnes Stores and Supervalu I have to sign the receipt.

It's not a card security thing, it's so that you can't come back 5 minutes later and claim that the assistant didn't give you the cash back.

Anyway, back to the point of the thread....

• Registered Users Posts: 8 drakkardnoir

I used to work here and most of these comments are unfair. There are some good young people working here who try to do the best they can with what they have. The older workers are absolutely terrible. they are uneducated unskilled ignorant and lazy. They then make the other good workers look bad. If there are 3 tills open and two are on go slow older workers then obviously the 3rd person is going to look bad! when working there i often felt embarrassed as i looked down at the long queues but at the end of the day i was just a till worker and all i could do was serve as fast as i could!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭patdshaker

The ques would wreck your head staff are friendly but slow

Advertisement