Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator question

Options
  • 13-08-2009 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

S'craic lads,

Really simple question, how do I or others get rid of a moderator of a forum?

I wont name the moderator Im talking about, unless asked to.

Basically I and a few others think he is a hard a$$, and really.. when it gets to the point where I am afraid to post topics for fear of upsetting little miss moderator and getting banned.. again.. I think its time to try and have something done.

The forum I post is in the 'Region' forums, so the threads I post are ones I feel I need to post, in order to address subjects about my immediate locality.

Aaaand on reading back I realise I may sound harsh, I WOULD love to see this moderator removed, but if we could have someone from higher-up give him a talking to and maybe ask him to chillax.. I suppose thatd be just as good.

Cheers.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

if youve problems, first you pm all mods of the forum. then the category mod, in this case the regions category mod. then you take it to helpdesk.
    click my sig on how to make a complaint.

You dont "get rid" of someone. you act like an adult and talk things out before taking things further.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Complaints about mods >> Helpdesk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Lads, for now its not a complaint, its a question.

I thought about taking this to the help desk, but decided itd be better if I got 'feedback' see what I did there? :)

Thanks anyways, but I have tried talking to the mod before, not about chilling the fook out, because Im thinkin if I do that.. Ill be even MORE likely to cop a ban next time I post something he sees as unfit for his forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Seriously man if you're talking about the mod I think you're talking about in my opinion you're way off the mark. He's one of the fairest and most consistent around.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Post on the help Desk about the moderator in question.

Provide useful and relevant links to back up your case. Don't cite your deleted post about bashing a seal between the eyes as one of those useful and relevant links as it doesn't help your case at all and we're likely to notice that ourselves.

It would help though if you first make an attempt to start some sort of dialogue with the moderator to seek a solution for how you see yourself as being unfairly treated. If that doesn't work or you don't get a satisfactory answer, look at the Help Desk.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement