Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice about neighbours dog

Options
  • 13-08-2009 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Ill get straight to the point....

Today while on my way out at about 4pm, I noticed that one of my had neighbours left their puppy tied up to their gate on a short leash, with no food or water..

I just returned home about an two hours ago, and the poor dog was still there - standing in its own waste... I checked out the dog, and he is healthy looking, with no sign of abuse so I left some food and water at the gate.

It has been on my mind since, so about a little while ago I went with my dog to go and rescue the dog for the night, but the family had returned home..

So what do you think I should do? I dont exactly want to go knocking on someones door complaining...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Call the ISPCA and make a complaint. It is illegal to leave a dog without water or shelter.

Don't take the dog yourself, or you'll find yourself in trouble for theft!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Rej

Magenta wrote: »
    Call the ISPCA and make a complaint. It is illegal to leave a dog without water or shelter.

Don't take the dog yourself, or you'll find yourself in trouble for theft!

Yeah I was thinking that too about theft... but am a big softie.. poor dog was miserable..

I rang the ISPCA, but got an answering machine, will ring tomorrow when they open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Rej wrote: »
    Yeah I was thinking that too about theft... but am a big softie.. poor dog was miserable..

I rang the ISPCA, but got an answering machine, will ring tomorrow when they open.

If you can't get through then ring the local SPCA for your county (number should be in the phonebook, or Google will have it), there are numerous dog rescues around that could give you advice also. If you look at www.irishanimals.com there should be some information there.

I am glad you are so concerned for the poor dog. It's no life for him, and I fail to see what they get out of keeping a dog they obviously pay no attention to.

Advertisement