Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderation of the 'Dexter' and 'Infrastructure' forums

Options
  • 13-08-2009 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

Just an obersvation:

The Dexter forum, which gets very little traffic, has six moderators.

The Infrastructure forum, on the other hand, which is now a lot busier than it used to be, has only one. Yet it's much busier than 'Dexter'. This week a fairly questionable and heated thread developed there. I think it needs more moderation; Dexter less so.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Only Ron DMC and The_Minister are mods of Dexter.

The other 4 are overlaping from being either overall TV mods or Arts cat mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Ah, fair enough. It's still two mods for a quiet board though while Infrastructure remains a little too exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Actually, Infrastructure has no mods. oscarBravo is listed as category mod of Soc.

No idea how Infrastructure ended up with no mods but I'll consult the crystal ball and get one or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Furet wrote: »
    Ah, fair enough. It's still two mods for a quiet board though while Infrastructure remains a little too exposed.

It'll get busier come September 27th when the new Season starts in the US.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I agree that it will get busier. Quite looking forward to that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Ron DMC wrote: »
    It'll get busier come September 27th when the new Season starts in the US.
    Amen to that. Waiting for it to start....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Dammit, I thought I'd found a Boards forum dedicated to small Irish cattle:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dexter_cattle

Feck! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

sceptre wrote: »
    Actually, Infrastructure has no mods. oscarBravo is listed as category mod of Soc.

No idea how Infrastructure ended up with no mods but I'll consult the crystal ball and get one or two.

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

sceptre wrote: »

When I quit there was Victor left I think, or did Victor quit that one before me? Hmmmm. Anyway I wasn't replaced.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

That's 'cos your irreplaceable, dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It doesn't need moderators. Just ban mysterious and all will be well. At least Infrastructure isn't a contentious topic, like let's say the weather ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

hahahaha

"infrastructure"

"traffic"

hahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

oscarBravo wrote: »
    That's 'cos your irreplaceable, dude.

More like your powers are om-nip-o-tent

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Stark wrote: »
    It doesn't need moderators. Just ban mysterious and all will be well. At least Infrastructure isn't a contentious topic, like let's say the weather ;)
    Not too sure why you feel there's a need to throw out an implied personal insult on another poster, regardless of who they are. You wouldn't suffer it in the forum you moderate so keep it out of Feedback.

Advertisement