Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

beckett on TV

• 13-08-2009 11:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭

I'm lying here watching the TV show, and reminded that it's one of my all-time favourite portraits:

beckett.jpg

Wow...

Just postng this.. Does anyone have a proper rights attribution? Strangely, I couldn't find one..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

" I'm not an artist, I'm a photographer !" :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

it really is a striking portrait alright... id love to take some close up b/w portraits of people i know similiar to this, anyone any ideas what iso he would have shot at or grade in the print .. just the detail in the image is excellent. would he have used any lighting set up?

any tips id appreciate it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

it really is a striking portrait alright... id love to take some close up b/w portraits of people i know similiar to this, anyone any ideas what iso he would have shot at or grade in the print .. just the detail in the image is excellent. would he have used any lighting set up?

any tips id appreciate it

He was shooting medium format throughout the documentary (rolleicord or flex or something ) so he might have used something similar to shoot the portrait, although it does look quite wide. Nice slow grain free B&W like pan F combined with 6x6 will give you tons of detail.
    Window light only apparently. He notes in the documentary that Becket smiled as he came in to the cafe and saw him sitting beside the window because he knew what he was up to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

didnt get a chance to see the doc but hopefully it'll be on the rte website... would love to capture similar tones and detail in my portraits.

Advertisement