Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the present situation with the charging of fees at University College Dublin?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Jaaaaysus lads calm down!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

dyl10 wrote: »
    Meh, the last thing I'd want to see is Ireland turn into a boring country of accountants, barristers and IT consultants.

I hope as a country we pride ourselves on our achievements in the arts and not some cyclical economic success we've had .
    There's more to life than money and banking.

It would be a shame to see Irish Universities turn into mindless factories producing the next worker on the conveyor belt.
    man,as a final year student,a soon-going-out-to-the-real-world student,how i really seriously heartily wish the college has more relationship with those companies which can give us a work/placement after we graduated.

this is a freaking weird situation actually.caused' i have always heard that the top10 students in the class in US/asia are always pre-booked by big firms.

relationship between companies and college is basically non-existence caused' where is all the freaking summer job placement (of those companies linked to college) for us undergraduate???
    *i hope everyone here knows that every students in US colleges have too many application forms to send out just before their summer holidays since there are so many companies have those summer placement work for the students*

i have talked to some lecturers about this issue and they kinda agree with me that maybe is just the culture thingy - people just wouldnt interest in some summer jobs like that :(

most people wanna spend/waste/enjoy their summer time happily without doing something for their future(a summer placement in some companies related to your course is freaking crucial) and end up couldnt get a job after graduated.*sigh*

i am not saying that life = 100% money,but in reality we seriously need some improvement on the student-career aspects.caused' i will need a freaking job(is not about the amount of salary) to get myself a life!

/rant

sorry for off topic OP :( and eh,good luck with the fee thingy!

oh and ignore Noodler,no point to play with a high level aggresive troll unless you are looking for some mouth fight intentionally :D he always blindly twisted the meaning of what people said and take them to a totally wrong direction!i am saying this from my own experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,410 ✭✭✭✭noodler

You appear to lack the ability to have a rational discussion, without trying to insult me on a personal level

Are you actually stating that possibly the greatest piece of English literature in history is comparable to some economic glitch that won't be remembered in 50 years time?
    If it were up to people like you, sure we might as well burn down our libraries, museums and anything that remotely relates to heritage and culture and replace them Computer labs, Sony shops and Starbucks.
    People like you are everything that's wrong with modern Ireland.

If you don't even know what you're talking about, how am I supposed to interpret your gibberish?
    It's rather ironic that you mention the ability to articulate as a focus area, when you seem to struggle with the concept yourself.

How any of the above have anything to do with a more career orientated education system seems to be out of my grasp. I would have imagined that improving the attributes stated above were merely common sense, not something to overhaul our third level education system for.

Possibly because American Pie seems to be no more substantial than your character or your weak, carousel like arguments.

Pretty much, you took every point I made, scribbled it out in your head and then made up new ones so they could better fit your argument.

Read EVERYTHING I have written again. You will see that just about every single one of your responses is inappropriate to the point in question.

Honestly. Wow.

seraphimvc wrote: »
    oh and ignore Noodler,no point to play with a high level aggresive troll unless you are looking for some mouth fight intentionally :D he always blindly twisted the meaning of what people said and take them to a totally wrong direction!i am saying this from my own experience :)

Troll?

Just becasue you lost an argument in another forum doesn't mean you should side against me in another for the sake of it.

You should base your opinions on the argument in question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

noodler wrote: »
    Read EVERYTHING I have written again. You will see that just about every single one of your responses is inappropriate to the point in question.

Honestly. Wow.

The failing is yours

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    wel i tel ya 1 ting if batt okeef cumz ovr 2 ucd and tryz to charge me feez i'll bate the flapz off him.
    I think we should just go back to this...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

No one listens to students , cares if they pay fees or not or cares what they think. For a group who traditionally have very low voting turnout figures apparently they dont care what they think either.

Dont expect any politican to pull strings for students when the vote:hassle ratio is so bias.

That is all

Then it is paramount that we listen to each other.

Communication leads to better understanding, y'know.

But it's a two way thing.

The failing is yours

Thanks for proving my point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

seraphimvc wrote: »

Ignore this guy, he's a cock. Trust me, I know.

See how annoying that is? Don't just jump into a conversation ongoing and insult people. Try it again and you get a free holiday.

What the fudge?!

You people get awfully hot under the collars

Raphael wrote: »
    Ignore this guy, he's a cock. Trust me, I know.

See how annoying that is? Don't just jump into a conversation ongoing and insult people. Try it again and you get a free holiday.

my post contains no offence to noodler :( try search his posts around different forums you will get what i mean -
    i said he is an aggressive troll is by all means saying the fact that he is rude/easily get mad when he is making his points while someone disagree with him eg quote him:
    You appear to lack the ability to interpret basic English or
    using some annoying CAPS letter or
    with some line like Wow just wow etc.
    Use reasons to fight for your ground. i said this is from my experience caused' i did read alot of his posts(we happened to wander in some same forums) and kinda know this dude.if i misread noodler's behavior then i am sorry and yes please ban me for being naughty :(

btw,even if i didnt speak from my experience,anyone see the rude posts like that will have thought he is a troll/messer straight away.

funny that the real person who is being unreasonable/being rude here gets no attention from the mod while i get an awesome warning from the mod:pac:
    noodler wrote: »
    Troll?

Just becasue you lost an argument in another forum doesn't mean you should side against me in another for the sake of it.

You should base your opinions on the argument in question.

oh i didnt see this reply before i replied raphael ^^

and to reply noodler:
    see the way he speaks?=.= i am too lazy to comment on your reply - yes,when people starting to ignore you doesnt mean that you won the argument.

people wont start to listen to you unless you respect what people say,is my only advice to you,mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    wel i tel ya 1 ting if batt okeef cumz ovr 2 ucd and tryz to charge me feez i'll bate the flapz off him.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Bravo to whoever renamed the thread. Much clearer now! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

OK, I'm starting at UCD this year and I saw this registration video on the ucd website. It shows a tutorial of how fees are paid but it didn't show anything about how government money pays for your course. What's the average amount of money you have to pay even if the free-free scheme in place in UCD? In the video they were adding in digits of €10,000 :eek:.
    Is it the case that when you receive your registration pack that the amount you have to pay is the amount even with the free-fee scheme in place? I'm confused:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Let's everyone just agree that they like orgasms and we can work this out from that standpoint

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ddddd

is the €1,500 fee just for first year students or is this an annual fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ddddd

betafrog wrote: »

It's an annual fee, and goes up every year...

Roughly how much does it increase each year??

Advertisement