Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why you should never leave an Akita alone!!!

Options
  • 14-08-2009 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

This is what happens when you go to sleep at night!!!!:eek::eek:

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 petangels

Crikey..... still there's love in there somewhere!!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

:D do you know what would go well with that.... a pic of the akita ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Geez, man, feed your dog!!:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Cue the blue poo :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭cmf86

He made good work with that , lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Brilliant effort on the dog's part :D

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

anniehoo wrote: »
    Cue the blue poo :p

Not only that; it'll be poo on a rope with all that fabric :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭golden

Could we have a picture of the guilty party :)

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

Ok so here she is, as you can see she's into everything!!!!!
    Don't think she'll ever grow out of this puppy stage :p

In fairness to her the table is still standing unmarked, the chairs must have been more tasty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

jinxycat wrote: »

In fairness to her the table is still standing unmarked, the chairs must have been more tasty :D

Jinxy she's beautiful! :)

How old is she now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Gorgeous!!!

The pic of her about to chew up the cat scratcher is my fave! :P

She's 2 years old, I have her just over a year now. Sadly she's not mine, i'm minding her for a friend while their house is being built and that.

I'm going to miss her terribly when she goes :( I didn't think i'd have her so long and i'm so attached to her now.

She's only going down the road though :D So I can visit her when ever I want.

Molberts wrote: »
    Gorgeous!!!

The pic of her about to chew up the cat scratcher is my fave! :P

Hahaha, yeah that's long gone now so it is, along with her beds that were bought and many, many other things.

In fairness I can't complain, we stupidly keep leaving things within her reach :o

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Hahaha, yeah that's long gone now so it is, along with her beds that were bought and many, many other things.

In fairness I can't complain, we stupidly keep leaving things within her reach :o

Is she good with people?
    I hear Akitas can be quite aloof....as with most things reviews are like dogs everyones different.

She's great with people, so many people stop me when i'm walking her and pet her. She loves the attention!!! Although I do wish some people wouldn't just throw themselves on her to hug her, as, well you just don't know how a dog will react, especially to strangers.

In saying that she's very protective of the home, she never barks unless she feels threatened/if she think's we're being threatened.

Hmmm maybe furniture does really come alive at night :p

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fishfoodie

Great pics !

As soon as I saw the coal bucket I knew there'd be 'someones' head in it :D

Do you have a cat in the house with the Akita ?

I wouldn't have thought their temperament really suited living with a cat. Then again, guidelines about breeds, are only ever guidelines. You never know until the dog lets you know.

I used to have a cat, they got on grand with each other. Don't worry she didn't eat her like everything else :p

Unfortunately she met a person who didn't like chats :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

:pac: haha gorgeous dog! my dog used to do things like that. He ate his bed, ripped clothes off the line, emptied bins and ripped half the lino up in the kitchen:eek: he just hated bein on his own. we got a dog trainer in and she sorted him out:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Discostuy

She's a beaut jinxycat...heres a pic of my two akitas...they are great with people but they can be very aloof when it suits haha...

Awh they're so cute, love the picture of them lying beside each other!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Discostuy wrote: »
    She's a beaut jinxycat...heres a pic of my two akitas...they are great with people but they can be very aloof when it suits haha...

gorgeous dogs love the way their tails curl over their backs :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 marley007

hey,
    I need help, my 9 month old Akita is a lovely dog and shes kept on our property by elecftric fensing system. we dont live in an estate but are still living in town, my problem is children from the area keep coming onto our property to tease the dog and she is quiet aggressive towards them, which in my opinion is fine as shes protecting her home, but who is liable if a child is teasing my dog on my property and then gets bitten? beware of dog signs are up!
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Ha ha lovely dog, the way shes looking at that bird in the cage would have me worried though, looks like shes thinking of her next dinner :P

To the poster above me- If your dog was to bite somebody, then it could be put down, even if the children are trespassing onto your property and teasing the dog. Is there any way you could talk to the parents of the children and tell them that your dog is aggressive, that their children are teasing it and are in danger of getting bitten.

well heres where the problem worsens, the children are from the traveling community and run riot around the place, i never see their parents, the amount of damage these kids cause baffles me but thats besides the point so no i dont think their parents knowing will make the slightest bit of difference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭dee o gee

Well your fairly fe*ked then!!! :rolleyes:
    Is their anyway you can fence in your property or even a portion of it so these kids can't get near your dog? Or would you consider a large dog pen? I honestly don't know if calling the gaurds to say that they are trespassing would make the slightest difference, probably not but you could try :rolleyes:
    Maybe its a good thing shes so aloof/aggresive with strangers then, have you her neutered and microchipped, and a tag on her saying shes neutered/microchipped?
    You might get more replies and advice if you start a thread of your own.

fe*ked is rite, shes microchipped alrite, well the last resort is putting up big gates and fencing the wole place off as its gonna cost a fortune! but if its a must i guess it'll have to be done! its jus annoying that i should have to when it the kids that come into our place and not the other way around!

Hehe don't worry the bird isn't her next dinner!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

I was reading the Aer Lingus T&Cs earlier and happened to spot in the Animals section that Akitas (and five other breeds) won't be carried by them due to the damage ones that have got out of their crates in the hold have done. I can see where they're coming from now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

They're great looking dogs a friend of mine did own a very large one, quite the handfull it was too... and possibly the strongest "ball sniffer" dog I've ever had the misfortune to have to try and fend off!! Sadly it managed to pull the arm off his sofa when left alone one afternoon... then after my mate split up with his wife he had to get rid of the dog, shame really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭LordDorington

She's 2 years old, I have her just over a year now. Sadly she's not mine, i'm minding her for a friend while their house is being built and that.

I'm going to miss her terribly when she goes :( I didn't think i'd have her so long and i'm so attached to her now.

She's only going down the road though :D So I can visit her when ever I want.
    bless, she is really cute :)

Advertisement