Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda HR-V Alloys

• 14-08-2009 12:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

Im looking to get alloys for a 99-03 model hr-v. Cant find many pics online and im looking for suggestions. Also looking for suggestions on where to get them in the Dublin area.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Sticking with original equipment alloys is nice, wheels don't look out of place.

your stud pattern is 5*114.3 and your offset is 35-45mm. the centre bore is 64mm.

This means you can fit wheels for a DC5 Integra, an old shape CR-V, or a Prelude from 97 on.

What colour is the HR-V?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Im going to view 3 early next week. Pretty sure I know the one im gonna buy (as long as the mechanic oks it).

They are all light silver. Same as this.
    HondaHRV.jpg

Probably gonna end up with a 3 door model.

Hope you know the 4WD modes are very hard on petrol.

Yea, iv been doing research on them for a while. Doesn't seem too bad compared to other cars I was considering.

Worst people have reported is driving very hard with the vtec engine (18mpg) but most people say they get around 28 when driving normally.

the VTEC engine in the HRV is an economy tuned version (122bhp), its not the same as the VTEC you'd get in a Civic SiR or similar. most of the older ones around here are the 105bhp SOHC engine. what robs the power is the 4WD system. A 1.8 litre 2WD Rav4 would get an extra 7 or 8 mpg on average.

• Advertisement

Well im moving from a 1.1 206 so I think 122bhp will do me just fine:D
    Iv always liked the hrv's since I first saw one so I dont think im gonna change my mind.

Don't get me wrong, I really like them too, just was driving one from work back in 07 and found it hard on juice, also that the boot was tiny and the radio only had 2 speakers (despite being an 06) model was a 1.6 VTEC 4WD Si by the way.

Il keep it in mind. Thanks
    The sound system will be the next thing on my list after the alloys. All the ones I saw had the rear speakers at the very back beside the boot door. Iv also read the stock rear speakers are terrible.

So to get back on topic. I saw these: media?id=8147759&width=400&height=300

Advertisement