Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question on 5.1

• 14-08-2009 12:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

I bought a reletavly low-price set of 5.1 speakers & woofer a few months ago.
    I hooked it up to my xbox using the xbox's component sound cables (red & white) to the back of the woofer, and i have 5 speakers set up.

I went into my xbox's sound settings and set it to 5.1

I'm not too sure tho if I'm gettin proper surround. It does come from all 5 speakers, but i think they're actin as if theyre on 2.1 stereo.

These are the sound setups i have:

Technika 5.1 Speaker System HCHKAW08

SS09204-1777TPS408161.jpg
    Hoping someone knows wat the hell I'm gabbing on about, could someone help me, and point out if I'm doin anythin wrong?
    Do i need a certain type of cable or something to get Surround sound on my xbox?

Help lol
    Thanks
    -Gamer CFC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Go into a game.. I used bad company and throw a grenade in front of you and see where the sound comes from.. if in the front speakers your all good.

Do the same again but turn around and this time if its all working good the sound should come from the back speakers..

Im not to sure on this but I dont think you can get 5.1 from just the red and white cables.. Im using an optical cable for my speakers! Do you speakers have optical input?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

dazftw wrote: »
    Go into a game.. I used bad company and throw a grenade in front of you and see where the sound comes from.. if in the front speakers your all good.

Do the same again but turn around and this time if its all working good the sound should come from the back speakers..

Im not to sure on this but I dont think you can get 5.1 from just the red and white cables.. Im using an optical cable for my speakers! Do you speakers have optical input?

Unfortunatly no, i dont have an optical input, want one tho.
    Should i show a picture of the back of my sub?
    Maybe that mite help a bit i dont know.

I have tried putting the volume of each speaker to exactly the same level, i hear a grenade behind me, but i cant tell if its coming from the back more or the front more. Seeing as my room isnt that large, and my speakers in-all- are quite close to me.

I mite need to invest in a better set of 5.1 surround or sumtn, mines wer €30 euro lol The sound quality is animal tho surprisingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

gamercfc wrote: »
    I mite need to invest in a better set of 5.1 surround or sumtn, mines wer €30 euro lol The sound quality is animal tho surprisingly.

I doubt it has an optical input if they were €30.. Hmm yeah I reckon invest in a new set! Seeming they were 30 you won't be losing out on much!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

yea mite aswell cheers anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Xbox games are encoded with dolby digital for 5.1 sound. You need a dolby digital decoder either built into the speakers or in an amp. Unfortunately it looks those speakers don't have dolby digital.

• Advertisement

sink wrote: »
    Xbox games are encoded with dolby digital for 5.1 sound. You need a dolby digital decoder either built into the speakers or in an amp. Unfortunately it looks those speakers don't have dolby digital.

yir a bit late pal i've already been dealt with lol thanks

Advertisement