Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a cleaver?

Options
  • 14-08-2009 12:42am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I've an old Sabatier cleaver that's past it's sell by date, and am looking for a replacement. I liked the Sabatier, but it was a bit small sometimes, has anyone any recommendations for a new cleaver?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

http://japanesechefsknife.com/ChineseCleaver.html

Img762.jpg

Any of these would be good, what kind of jobs do you want to do with it? For splitting chicens and stuff maybe a Richardson sheffiels would do you? Maybe a trip to TK Maxx, they sometimes have decent kitchen cutlery in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I bought my cleaver in Asia Market on Drury Street in Dublin. It is a no-frills traditional chinese solid metal cleaver. A bit hard on the hand until you get used to it, but cheap as chips & a great blade to boot.

Advertisement