Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

360 homebrew possibly closer then we think

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

spent all todays morning playing in Super Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat 2. Superb :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Hmmmm, I wonder what barriers there are to accessing the higher resolutions!
    Your images, specifically the one of your post on the 32inchcrt remind me of loading a primitive browser on the old xbox.

Except my xbox came pre-modded to my door, and the 640 x was the highest I could get out of it! :P Good work getting there man, you've got balls - I like balls! Time to invest in a flatscreen for yourself! When and if XBMC(HD) comes out for that yer gonna want one.

I would do that looong time ago, you know 50" LED screen etc, but my missus... well she wouldn't like the idea. I'm thinking of sabotaging the crt box

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

docentore wrote: »
    I would do that looong time ago, you know 50" LED screen etc, but my missus... well she wouldn't like the idea. I'm thinking of sabotaging the crt box
    Ah fook the LED 50" man, get a cheapy 32-37"! There has to be back and forth in relationships, a line in the sand, a foot put down etc..
    :pac:
    No seriously, great work, I'm not a religious man but ill pray to the FSM that your 360 will stay healthy and bring you all of its modded glory! Can you Dual boot from the switch?

Ah fook the LED 50" man, get a cheapy 32-37"! There has to be back and forth in relationships, a line in the sand, a foot put down etc..
    :pac:
    No seriously, great work, I'm not a religious man but ill pray to the FSM that your 360 will stay healthy and bring you all of its modded glory! Can you Dual boot from the switch?

I dont have Cygnos chip for dual boot. And I don't need it. I have another 360 for games, which I'm not going to mod for the moment.

If the modded one breaks I still have 3 or 4 rrod'ed ones which I can fix and mod :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

If the modded one breaks I still have 3 or 4 rrod'ed ones which I can fix and mod :D

They must be breeding like rabbits in your gaff man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

animaX wrote: »
    Is it really worth modding the console (and possibly getting a live ban or even a brick) just to play emulators that you can play on pc anyway? I really don't see the point.

Yea i would think that it isnt worth the risk getting banned, but very cool all the same, must be trickey to do

With this exploit Xbox live is out of the question altogether, the new dashboard kills the exploit and once you've updated it theres no going back.

This exploit opens the door to XBMC HD, Hombrew, possible Unofficial Dashboards, Add bigger hard drives boot games from the HD with no discs.

Very much like the original xbox which was fully hacked.

Yea i would think that it isnt worth the risk getting banned, but very cool all the same, must be trickey to do

Let me answer you in couple points:
    1. I have two consoles, one for this hack, second for gaming, actually three. Third is original xbox with XBMC (to tell you the truth I have around 10 original and 360 Xbox's, mostly broken, but all can be fixed if needed).
    2. I don't use live, even if I would the console can be unbanned with a little bit of effort using this hack.
    3. As cisk mentioned this is about Homebrew, not only emulators.
    4. I like to know and I'm happy to see that I can!

Tomorrow I will update with few new things (I missed one of the bin releases)

Flashed with new Xell, screen looks much better on my crt.

There is Sega megadrive emulator released, but I didn't have chance to have a look at it as I'm busy with fixing my new baby - DreamX :D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hangover

Might be worth picking up a cheap RROD'd 360 that i can play with, i'm pretty happy with my 8 xbox's but some more grunt wouldnt go astray.

8? eight?? EIGHT???

oh well, to be honest I have probably same, maybe one less ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hangover

8? eight?? EIGHT???

oh well, to be honest I have probably same, maybe one less ;)

Well 2 that are used regularly ,1 that i have modded for my sister in law, 1 brand new never used crystal edition and 5 in various states of disrepair- oops, thats 9 :). If i can pick them up for $10-$15 south pacific pesos then i will keep collecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I think im on 9 myself!

1 in my living room, I've given 1 to my girlfriend (its still mine though :P), 1 that my uncle has a loan of. And then 6 spare ones in my room.

I should have a tenth but after unfortunate accident this summer it is in the bottom of Lough Ree :( , had a 500gb hd in it and all.

I have to check are any of my 360s suitable for this mod, wouldnt mind playing around with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Anyone able to point me to a plain english step by step guide? I had a broken 360 lying around and replaced it with an elite. Finally got round to trying to repair it and succeeded. I figured I'd flash the drive while I had it open and it's still open. It has the old board that I need (from what I've read).
    I'm pretty competent with computers, studied software development and have built a few pcs in my time but have never soldered or chipped a console. Any idea where I could start?

hi,

start from modding as in this post

also read the whole thread from beginning. I did my mod after reading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

hi,

start from modding as in this post

also read the whole thread from beginning. I did my mod after reading it.

Thanks docentore. Sounds fun. Does anyone else find with these things that the major enjoyment is in the project rather than the finished article?

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Thanks docentore. Sounds fun. Does anyone else find with these things that the major enjoyment is in the project rather than the finished article?

yeah, I know what you mean. But there is always something new to do. Tider interface, usb interace based on PIC chip, etc.

first video player running on xell is out. Havent try it yet, just read about it on x-s. No sound and bad video quality - but hey, it has to start somehow.

Advertisement