Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WE NEED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

• 14-08-2009 7:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hi all

Hope I'm in the right place, anyhoo can someone help? I have recently set up a band (covers) playing funk, soul, disco, etc., for weddings and functions. We are bass, drums and rhythm guitar. Although we are more interested in playing experimental originals, we feel....that ship has sailed! we're just on the bad side of 30

The thing is, we are playing numbers from james brown, stevie wonder, jackson 5, the trammps,etc., and its hard to get a "full" sound especially lacking horns, keyboards, backing/lead vocals and when the members increase artistic differences are more frequent!

So, is anyone interested(or can it be done) in playing live with us, sampling and mixing in loops of, say horns, or vocals or other backing sounds to help achieve our goal?

This is at experimental stage and if we can pull it off I think we could offer something different and possibly more enjoyable than the normal "Who's Eddie" (NO DISRESPECT INTENDED) type band. The idea, not neccessarily the style, would be like jamiroquai, bboys, incubus,etc and we're currently jamming regularly near the red cow if anyone wants to join us!

no timewasters please and thanks all for your time

Advertisement