Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RLI Final Tomorrow

• 14-08-2009 8:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Does anyone know why the Final is being held at Limerick & not a neutral venue?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Tallaght RL

This final must be the most 'Low Key' sports final in the history of Ireland. Bookies havn't even got odds. Just tried to place a bet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

The venue for the final was decided on before the top two teams were known. Where would you suggest for the final? Croke Park, Landsdowne Road?

Do bookies generally have odds for amateur RL events? I never tried placing a bet in England on the Summer RL Conference but I doubt I'd be able to get odds on them either.

For the record the match was a draw at full time 26-26 and the Titans got an extra time try to seal the win against Carlow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Tallaght RL

Assume your with the RLI with that response. Neutral venues are the norm in most sports finals. Dont think RL gets much of a crowd in Ireland. You can get a bet on most things in Ireland, dont know about England.

Well done Treaty City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

I'm nothing to do with the RLI, but I know the announcement was made prior to the semi finals as to where the game was going to be played.

Neutral venues are normal in sports but it isn't always possible. The game is hardly overrun with money and finding venues who are willing to mark out a rugby league pitch is not always possible. We have to make the best of the hand we are dealt.

Advertisement