Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster Service Charge

Options
  • 14-08-2009 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

Hi all,

This has probably been raised before- but it has really given me ire this morning...

I went to buy Prodigy tickets this morning. 49.50 each- no hassle there, they are a great live band and just under 50 quid seems like good enough value.

Then I notice the Ticketmaster service charge of 6.25 PER TICKET!! I mean come on- thats over 12% of the price of the ticket in the first place. Given that you now have the option of printing out your tickets yourself (using your own paper an ink) and they dont have to post anything, I just cant see how they can justify this charge...

I didnt buy the tickets in the end because it got my back up so much. Although I will probably cave in later...

But come on- over 6 squids per ticket.. Outrageous no?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

People should be given the inclusive price, and not be presented with a hidden charge at the cash desk. 6.25 Euro per ticket does seem a bit steep to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭wax

I agree. I often go to gigs and buy a ticket for my girlfriend also. I think €12.50 EXTRA for the two tickets is a bit of a piss take. I could get an album from that band for that price!

Advertisement