Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Showtime Sports

• 14-08-2009 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone have any info on this package seams to have great premiership football and also rugby. runs you about £500 but for the sat 3pm worth it. I have been hearing rumors though that you need a monstor dish to getit from here. Seams weird though seeing as its only on 7W.

Any suggestions?

1Love

Jonny

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Forget about it, you would a very large dish as its footprint comes nowhere near ireland. I have never heard of anyone picking it up succesfully even on 2.4m dishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭$ausage$

it really f's me off the way all the good sats are not on our footprint! whats the whole idea of having a sat if all you can get is sly! good waste of a motor and dish.. feel like going to the dark side and just getting a sly sub! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Canal+ on 1west offers a lot of Football and is well within reach but these cards all expensive. One could move to spain though and pick up Showtime on an 80cm easily enough and be warmer than here!

Probably cheeper too! :) :P

It dosent have the 3pm kick offs, Thinking of getting either sly uk or it but at over £1300 for it its a bit much seeinga s my motorised setup was near 800. such a waste. Think I will try nova and just see who has the most rugby/football this season before i buy for next year.

its a sad day for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Finne1993

$ausage$ wrote: »
    Probably cheeper too! :) :P

It dosent have the 3pm kick offs, Thinking of getting either sly uk or it but at over £1300 for it its a bit much seeinga s my motorised setup was near 800. such a waste. Think I will try nova and just see who has the most rugby/football this season before i buy for next year.

its a sad day for me :(

Canal + Sweden/Denmark/Norway have a choice of 3 Saturday 3pms every Saturday and as far as i know almost all of them have English commentary, cards can be got for half the price you're talking about, you just need to search a bit more, on a quick search there i found one for £750 from Replingham Professionals, I bought a Premiere box and card off them a few years ago and found them excellent to deal with.
    Or there are other deals going from time to time, i seem to recall someone getting a Canal+ card on this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054876132
    For £500 last year.

• Advertisement

Cheers I just sent them a email. shame they dont have an online shop.

Thansk for the info! I will let you know what they come back with!

Advertisement