Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

harvest mites.

Options
  • 14-08-2009 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all! I have 2 dogs that have harvest mites nd i cant get rid of them. I was just wondering does any one know what the treatment is? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

I would love to know a good treatment as well. My cat ambles around the fields behind the house and often has his ear torn off before I can treat him. i normally douche the ears with Canaural and this seems to clean the current mites out but he could have a whole new set by the next day, its terrible cos they are so uncomfortable with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

One of our dogs has harvest mites aswel. The vet gave us lotion to treat him with and some antibiotics to ensure he doesn't get an infection. It seems to be working a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭miccy203

thank you, is that a cream or a lotion? where could i get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

As far as I know the treatment is Frontline spray. You can get it over the counter from your vets. They'll give you advice on how to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Toulouse wrote: »
    As far as I know the treatment is Frontline spray. You can get it over the counter from your vets. They'll give you advice on how to use it.

Yup, Frontline. My Dane is allergic to harvest mites so we Frontline her feet and legs on a regular basis at this time of the year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement