Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting a mod to a CZ 452 .22wmr

Options
  • 14-08-2009 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭

My CZ isn't threaded to accept a mod but would like to get one fitted in the near future.

The problem is this. The front iron sight has a protective "tube" around it which looks like it is part of/welded to the barrel. This is located at the very end of the barrel and would need to be removed.

Can this be removed (by a gunsmith) to allow for threading or is the gun just not designed to retro fit a mod?

Thanks in advance,
    Paj

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

pajero2005 wrote: »
    My CZ isn't threaded to accept a mod but would like to get one fitted in the near future.

The problem is this. The front iron sight has a protective "tube" around it which looks like it is part of/welded to the barrel. This is located at the very end of the barrel and would need to be removed.

Can this be removed (by a gunsmith) to allow for threading or is the gun just not designed to retro fit a mod?

Thanks in advance,
    Paj

That "tube" as you call it is not welded to the rifle it's made of spring steel and is easily removed by inserting a long nose pliers from one end and pulling the handles apart this will widen the cover and you can lift it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

My son had to get the front sight removed when he got his CZ Lux 223 threaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

Just one more question. One of the gun dealers I phoned to price a mod from said that it won't make a big difference to muzzle report on the .22wmr.

Anyone have any expierence on this? Are they worth getting?

(ok, ok so it was two questions!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭foxhunter

pajero2005 wrote: »
    Just one more question. One of the gun dealers I phoned to price a mod from said that it won't make a big difference to muzzle report on the .22wmr.

Anyone have any expierence on this? Are they worth getting?

(ok, ok so it was two questions!)

It will be similar to an unmoderated .22lr but depends on the mod used aswell.

Advertisement