Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment heating

Options
  • 14-08-2009 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hey there,

I bought an apartment in Co. dublin around this time last year. I love the place and the area but have been having terrible trouble with my heating which to cut a long story short heats the front of the apartment really well but leaves the back really cold and the place does not hold its heat at all. After getting together with the other residents and sending a letter to the builder regarding this issue, they seem intent on fobbing us off by telling us that the places are insulated properly and the radiators are suitably sized. This is of no help to us however as coming back into the winter months we are facing freezing bedrooms again. Does anyone out there have any advice on how to go about getting the builder to get this problem sorted out for us or what our rights are as consumers. We paid a substantial sum of money for these apartments and the least you would expect is for the heating to be working well in a new build. I am at my wits end with the whole thing at this stage.

Many thanks,

HeeBeeGeeBee.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You're going to need a solicitor. If the builder adhered to the building regulations at the time of building, then there may not be a lot you can do.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Presumably the spec should say what temperature the system should be able to maintain in the different rooms? I wonder if the rads were ever commissioned properly (i.e. having the lockshield balance valve adjusted).

Advertisement