Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of stone (804)

Options
  • 14-08-2009 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

hi all, I'm looking to get about 6 tonnes of 804, is it much cheaper to get it loose than bagged? I was quoted a price of €50 per tonne bagged, delivered a short distance, but someone else told me more than about €12 per tonne was too much - I assume there's a difference between the two based on the bagging costs etc?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Autorotation

Not too many people on here would know what clause 804 is I'd say!... :-) It would be much cheaper to get it loose. Cheaper again if u have a trailer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

I had 20 tonnes of 804 delivered for a base to put under my metal shed which cost me €190. So €50 for 1 tonne is way over the top imo. I suppose you're paying for the delivery and its probably cheaper to get a bulk load delivered than 1 tonne. What type of project are you working on as 1 tonne of 804 won't go very far. My 20 tonne load stretched to an area of 26 feet x 16 feet x 2 feet deep (the shed is a 20ft x 10ft and the ground had to filled in and raised up to keep the shed above the soggy ground that was my garden).

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭cyburger

it's actually 6 tonnes I need, and I'm going to get 803 instead i think, it's for the base of a patio... I'm getting it at €25 delivered now, so not so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭qc3

cyburger wrote: »
    it's actually 6 tonnes I need, and I'm going to get 803 instead i think, it's for the base of a patio... I'm getting it at €25 delivered now, so not so bad.
    803 can be very hard to shovel an might be a bit rough for under your patio.804 is a finer stone with plenty more dust mixed in and will compact a lot tighter than 803 and is a lot easier to work with.
    Good luck with your patio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭steamjetjoe

I paid 97 euro for 3 1/4 tonne recently:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

cyburger wrote: »
    hi all, I'm looking to get about 6 tonnes of 804, is it much cheaper to get it loose than bagged? I was quoted a price of €50 per tonne bagged, delivered a short distance, but someone else told me more than about €12 per tonne was too much - I assume there's a difference between the two based on the bagging costs etc?

Cheers
    Delivered in bulk the cheapest normally except 6 tonne might be a bit on the small side, there is a fixed price for the truck anyway: as PD has said he got 20 and really u dont see it go. I got 80 for a front garden and after a few pushes of the JCB it was 'gone'

Advertisement