Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Platinum Credit Cards

Options
  • 14-08-2009 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

How much does someone need to earn to have a platinum credit card?

I have no intention of applying for one, I'm just wondering if they earn as much as they like to portray they do?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Its not always a sign of how much someone earns. If you have had a good relationship with your provider then they can often offer you an upgrade to a platinum card.
    Also, different providers offer platinum cards and the criteria for each provider can be quite different.
    For example, having a platinium MBNA card would not(in my mind) be as difficult to get as having say a Bank of Ireland one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

As far as i know there are certain spending criteria that have to be met and some instutions charge a fee.....but you should be aiming for a black amex :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,191 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

What's the best credit card to have in business, any advantage to have a business credit card as opposed to a personal card with a good rate..

just lookin at the aib platinum card, they'll give you 0.05% cash back up to a maximum spend of 50,000 a year, so if I spend 50k on the platinum card they'll give me back 25 euro, there must be some compnay offering something better...

are air miles in ireland, can you get free flights?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    As far as i know there are certain spending criteria that have to be met and some instutions charge a fee.....but you should be aiming for a black amex :D

Is there not a red amex out now that is even more exclusive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Platinium Amex has a good rewards system for flights, also you get access to loads of departure lounge VIP areas.

The red card was for that thing Bono was involved in, red iPod was also launched, I think it donates a small percentage of your spend to AIDS research/charity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Apple Orange

What's the best credit card to have in business, any advantage to have a business credit card as opposed to a personal card with a good rate..

just lookin at the aib platinum card, they'll give you 0.05% cash back up to a maximum spend of 50,000 a year, so if I spend 50k on the platinum card they'll give me back 25 euro, there must be some compnay offering something better...

are air miles in ireland, can you get free flights?

0.5% of 50k is €250 :)

Advertisement