Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultrasound Scans [Extra ones]

Options
  • 14-08-2009 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

Hey all, just wondering has anyone had any experience with getting private scans during their pregnancy. Any places north or south anyone could recommend would be great (with prices if you know them). :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

www.ultrasound.ie

Been here a few times so far and found them to be very good and reasonably priced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The RCSI unit in the Rotunda is brilliant for private scans. Got one done at 12 weeks and cost €100, just ring the main hospital and ask to be put through to the RCSI unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭LEH

Babyscan are in Swords and Rathgar in Dublin. My sis had a scan with them in Swords and raved about their service. She got two different scans with them, and got a discount on the second one. Congrats on the baba!

www.babyscan.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://www.chartermedical.ie/maternal-fetal-ultrasound/our-service
    Charter Medical | The Forge | Smithfield Market | Dublin 7 | Ireland
    Email : medical@chartermedical.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Lemontree

I had my first scan done in the galway clinic with dr phil boyle, it cost 50euro, hes a great obsterician(sp?) so worth the money!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Lemontree wrote: »
    I had my first scan done in the galway clinic with dr phil boyle, it cost 50euro, hes a great obsterician(sp?) so worth the money!

When was that? I paid €140 there 6 weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Lemontree

It was back in march, I only went private for the first scan to make sure i was pregnant and didn't want to wait a month for the public appointments! Did you have blood tests? They can charge extra for any other tests, as I just had the scan it only cost me 50euro!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

It was just a scan and I didn't see a consultant either, just a sonographer. Hmm, maybe I should have made a consultant appointment instead of just a scan. Have to say, €50 is the cheapest I've seen for a private scan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Kbolt

www.ultrasound.ie - Ultrasound Dimensions is where we had ours too!

Found it worth every penny since we had complications in the past and we didn't want to wait for the hospital.

Paid 145 euro and was on a Sunday which was great because I work during the week. I read about them in Irish times and they have some good reviews...:)

here is the info your probably looking for, http://www.ultrasound.ie/maternity.html

Hope this helps!
    All the best,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Kbolt wrote: »
    www.ultrasound.ie - Ultrasound Dimensions is where we had ours too!

Myself and my OH went here for two scans before the actual hospital scan came up. Would highly recommend it, every effort is put in to make you feel comfortable and a lot of time is spent getting good pictures and making sure everything is ok.

• Advertisement
Advertisement