Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection keeps dropping

Options
  • 14-08-2009 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭

I'm trying to work out if my modem is faulty or if it's a problem with my broadband. I connect to UTV wirelessly via a Voyager 2091, but for the last few days it keeps dropping randomly, as many as 10 times a day. First I get 'limited connectivity' on the icon in the tray and finally the big red X. The usual lights are still on on the modem, including the internet one.
    I'm not very techy, but I have tried a few things. The last time it was down, I tried all options available to me in Diagnose and Repair, namely automatically setting new IP settings and resetting the adapter. I logged onto the Voyager page and pressed Connect - it then says it IS connected but the seconds timer doesn't move on and it seems stuck. On the Troubleshooting page, only the Wireless gets a Pass - ADSL synchronisation gets a Fail and all the rest are N/A. It won't allow me to run any other diagnostic tests.
    The connection doesn't come back when I reboot my PC. I have a laptop on the same wireless network and the connection drops on it too, so it's not the PC. The ONLY thing that brings the connection back is to turn off and back on the Voyager.
    What else can I do to determine if the Voyager is faulty or UTV or my line? I don't really fancy spending ages on the helpline, assuming I can get through at all. Thanks for any help in advance and sorry for the long post.

Advertisement