Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ace of Cakes

Options
  • 14-08-2009 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

Hi Fellow cake lovers,

I came across this series and am hooked on it, it called ace of cakes and follows the cake making of http://www.charmcitycakes.com/.
    Great characters and really nice cakes!

Anyone else seen it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Yes I fan too!!! It's a great series. Did you see the one where they made a cupola cake with lights in it - awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I always wonder about these cakes - do they actually taste nice? They seem to be worked on an awful lot, so do they go stale? AND none of the employees wear hair nets/overalls (they wear their hair down too) and they generally look a little grubby!

The cakes look great, but I'm just wondering about everything else… or maybe I think too much.

BTW I wouldn’t make any food with my hair down, guaranteed to get a hair in there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

i love this show! can't get it on ntl digital so only see it when i'm in my mums on her sky but it's great!!!!
    i think alot of the stuff they do is just to please the eye and not necessarily to eat, like the dinosaur with the big metal pip through the middle of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭DreamC

olaola wrote: »
    I always wonder about these cakes - do they actually taste nice?

Usually cakes for decoration are made either of fruit cake or high density sponge. The sponge cakes of traditional shape would be just normal cakes with moist sponge, buttercream, jam etc Though 3D carved cakes would be rather dry inside as they need to "stay in shape" - but that again depends on the design :)

Though nobody worries about the taste of exhibition cakes - they are not for eating but technique demonstration purposes only unless it's the taste which is evaluated by the judges, i.e. the separate exhibition classes of Rich Fruit Cakes or Chocolate Cakes etc.

Advertisement