Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Angel's Game" - Carlos Ruiz Zafon

Options
  • 14-08-2009 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Just finished reading it and don't know what to make of it. He has another The Shadow of the Wind out and not sure if i should buy it or not. I found the Angel's Game a bit weird, had to keep reading it but found it really strange. Any one read either and what did you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Daisy03

I'm in the opposite position. I've just bought The Angel's Game and I hope to start it soon. But I did read The Shadow Of The Wind a couple of years ago and I would recommend it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

livvy wrote: »
    Just finished reading it and don't know what to make of it. He has another The Shadow of the Wind out and not sure if i should buy it or not. I found the Angel's Game a bit weird, had to keep reading it but found it really strange. Any one read either and what did you think?

The Angel's Game is weird. There is a strange sem--autobriogaphical correlation between the main character and the author. It's a good read but sometimes I thought the author was trying to be too clever.

Shadow Of The Wind is a better book and doesn't have the gothic weirdness of Angel's Game.

Advertisement