Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Essential Mix

• 14-08-2009 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Still avidly listening to the Essential Mix as the best place to hear dance music bar the live sets they broadcast, as most dj's would put in some work before recording them, this year though there have been only 2 standout EM's - Greg Wilson and Sub Focus,IMHO, my question is - does any still pay any attention to it and who do you want to see in the coming months. for me its DJ Mehdi, best gig iv'e been to in about 5 years, 2 years ago in the Pod, he was palying in the bar with Hot Chip in the POD and someone else in Crawdaddy, never enjoyed a gig more, and all the more more seeing as no drugs were involved. Who do you want to see? and what happened to the EM thread, can it not be revived??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

Yeah I would still keep an ear out for the Essential mix, it is , as you say, a great place to hear top talent showcasing what they are currently playing and what the top tunes are within the respective genre being aired...

However this year so far it's been a bit weak, the only ones I have enjoyed have been Style of Eye and Carl Cox.

The BEST Essential mix I have heard in recent times has been SLAM. Pure Quality !

But I think maybe as a show its waning a bit, but u never know the next 5 months may see that situation improve, it always does I think after the Ibiza season wraps up..

HJ-

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Slightly off topic, but for the first time in over a decade, Pete Tong will no longer start the weekend on a friday evening.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2009/08_august/10/radio1.shtml

The Essesntial mix is unscathed this time as far as I can see however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

Klim wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but for the first time in over a decade, Pete Tong will no longer start the weekend on a friday evening.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2009/08_august/10/radio1.shtml

The Essesntial mix is unscathed this time as far as I can see however.

"The new slot is set to feature the fascinating stories of superstars like Tiesto"
    can't wait for that

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

francois wrote: »
    " fascinating stories of superstars like Tiesto"
    can't wait for that

LOL

Good man Francois !

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

I just listened to Fake Bloods it was pretty good
    My favourite recent one has to be MSTRKRFTs though.

But I think gone are the days of Daft Punks 97' mix...I don't think we'll hear anymore mindblowing EMs anymore!Its still a great resource for hearing what new DJs are like though!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

James Zabeila's EM recorded live from Glastonbury is a favourite of mine. Some good tunes in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

My favourite recent one has to be MSTRKRFTs though.

+1

Mstrkrft's is very very good.

I hate the "Radio 1 Essential Mix, you're listening to Mstrkrft" ****e they drop in all over it though, does my head in on essential mixes:mad:

JCDUB wrote: »
    +1

Mstrkrft's is very very good.

I hate the "Radio 1 Essential Mix, you're listening to Mstrkrft" ****e they drop in all over it though, does my head in on essential mixes:mad:
    Or the ESSSEEEEENNNNNTTTIIIIIIIIIAAAAAALLLLLL MIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXXXXX
    ON RADIO ONE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

These 3 are on regular rotation.. Listen to them every few weeks :)

Peace Division EM 30/08/2008

Paul Mac EM 25/10/2008

Alex Smoke EM 05/03/2006

The Trentemoller one was pretty good.. Was EM of the year.. That sticks in my mind too.. Must dig it out.

Or the ESSSEEEEENNNNNTTTIIIIIIIIIAAAAAALLLLLL MIIIIIIIIXXXXXXXXXXXX
    ON RADIO ONE!

LOL

I'd rather listen to that than Pete Tong sh*tting all over it. Hate that.

On Alex Smokes EM - He was playing the Lucianio rmx of Yamore.. Tong piped in just as the track breaks with all the delayed Guitar etc.. ****ing ruined it right up.

We continue...

• Advertisement

ICN wrote: »
    LOL

I'd rather listen to that than Pete Tong sh*tting all over it. Hate that.

On Alex Smokes EM - He was playing the Lucianio rmx of Yamore.. Tong piped in just as the track breaks with all the delayed Guitar etc.. ****ing ruined it right up.

We continue...
    I'd say he probably just gets bored and wants something to do!

I'd say he probably just gets bored and wants something to do!

Has to justify his wages more like!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

the josh wink one was really great.

Advertisement